[4]A Memory Turned Nightmare: Nuka-World

CJ heard the skids of their bodies sliding down the steep, dirt slope as he whipped around, shooting at the nearest Mirelurk, a normal one. Which dragged the attention of all 4 of them.

He clipped it in the head a couple of times and had to bolt away from his spot, shoving himself to his feet as a second Mirelurk cut through the water to get to him. It was just slow enough as he laid 3 more bullets into the first, watching it curl into itself, trying to protect its face and chest until it could attack again.

Move, move, move, his brain screamed as he heard the snapping of claws in his ear and faintly, the sound of two bodies hitting the water nearby. Ash and RJ.

As CJ took a sharp right and into a small squeeze-space that the thing surely couldn't reach, he heard the sound of MacCready's rifle go off, then a scream of a Mirelurk. Not his Mirelurk though, his was still snapping at him, a bright green glow surrounding it's beady eyes, it's torso, and obviously in it's blood-system. Glowing Mirelurk.

CJ shot into it, watching bright, toxic blood splatter against the walls of his hiding place. He kept shooting at its head, even as his heart slammed against his ribcage. He spammed the trigger of his gun faster and reloaded the gun the fastest he could- which was pretty damn fast if you asked anyone who knew anyone. The Mirelurk screeched in something that could really be either agony or fury when one of CJ's bullets landed into it's right(left?) eye. The thing stumbled back in an ugly, glowing scene of anger. It hid its face into it's chest, trying to protect itself as CJ tried to hit it again and again.

Back, back, back, he didn't know if he was telling himself to push himself farther back into the hidey hole, or if he was telepathically telling the thing to get back in his mind. "Why'd. It. Have. To. Be. A. Fucking. Glowing, Mire-bitch." He snarled angrily when it unfolded itself and crashed into the wall that held his hidey hole with more furiocity than that of a normal Mirelurk. Just fucking die already!

In a few more seconds, it happened.

The body of the creature was hauled back and CJ got the perfect view of MacCready shoving the thing away from the small hole and placing the barrel of his rifle into its pincer-mouth. And then pulling the trigger as a confetti explosion of radiated, glowing green blood left its head.

Even after the thing hit the water, body still with disgusting gurgles leaving its mouth, CJ just sat there, in that awful smelling hole. He felt the ice in his blood sit there and he saw the blue reflection of his own radiation effects dimly flickering.

Then he heard the voices and looked up to see a hand near the end of the hidey hole, one he grabbed and let pull him out.

"Were you planning on sitting there and letting yourself turn into a ghoul or were you gonna let us know you lived?" MacCready hissed to him as he just tried to breathe. What an asshole, CJ thought as he broke out of the tight space.

Aila stumbled to them, sticking her arm with a stimpack. A lengthy cut running from the base of her wrist to her elbow starting to knit itself up. It wasn't deep, but there were veins there and it was long.

"Hate Mirelurks," she said as her left hand shook. CJ gently took the roll of bandages from her and started wrapping up the simple graze that was there by this point. Since one stimpack doesn't really heal everything, it was a good plan to just take one to deal with any fatal wounds, and then bandage up the rest. The liquid inside of them, helped the body healthily speed up the healing process. It definitely still hurts though, especially if there were broken bones or severed limbs. Now, you can regrow limbs, but it's not like you can regrow your whole arm. More like, your pinkie or your nose, or your ear. So end limbs.