Vol. 2: Chapter 3.1 - The Closest

Start from the beginning

She was finished with her rant, so right now, the two of us just decided to hang out. It was a Friday, anyway.

"There's one thing that I wanted to address for a while, now, Ayanokouji-kun." 

She finally sat back down, comfortably resting her back on mine.

"Hm?"

"When will you start calling me by my first name?"

"Your first name?"

"You only got to know Miyake-kun and the rest of your friends during the study group assignment, but you're already so close that you call each other by your first names. Hasebe-san even got that nickname for you... The girls were in an uproar for a while because of that, you know?" she explained. "We may not hang out that often in the recent times-- being in different friend groups and all-- but people won't really find it weird if we call each other by our first names at this point, right?"

"You're probably right. It's not like I'm against it or anything. I just haven't thought of it," I said.

"Then, I'll call you Kiyotaka-kun, and you should call me Kikyou!" Kushida-- no, Kikyou cheered with a cute smile.

"Sure, Kikyou," I replied.

She nodded happily before finally standing up. I reflexively looked behind me.

"-?"

"Kyah-?!"

Since Kikyou was standing so close to me on my bed, my face accidentally bumped on her thighs when I turned my head around. They were incredibly soft and smooth. It's hard to believe that she was another person like me.

"Hey, what-?! Stop being a pervert! Taking advantage of me like this..." Kikyou glared at me.

She hastily paced down off the bed.

"Sorry, that wasn't my intention." It was an accident. All I can do is apologize.

"I know, pervert. But you're still a pervert," she said, sticking her tongue out to me.

"What..."

"Alright, I'll be heading out now. I need to talk with some of my friends after this."

I thought she was angry and offended, but apparently, that wasn't the case. The flexibility (or more like volatility) of this girl's mood is something else.

Kikyou grabbed her bag and put on her shoes like business was done.

"It almost feels like your only goal here was the first-name thing," I said.

"Hmph, of course, that much was obvious. The girls would start losing respect for me if the role of "the closest girl to Ayanokouji Kiyotaka" gets taken by someone else," she replied with a haughty smile.

So I'm a symbol of status now?

"Well, if we considered all the factors, I guess you are the girl who's closest to me."

"Mhm~!" she nodded. "And if only Hasebe-san and Sakura-san get to call you by your first name, that wouldn't be good for my image, right?"

"Yes, yes, I understand. Now get out of here," I said.

I grabbed Kikyou's shoulders from the back and slowly pushed her to the door.

"Ehh? Why are you so adamant about sending me away this time? Didn't you just enjoy the fragrance and suppleness of my thighs? How cruel!" she protested.

"That's why I'm throwing you out. I won't be able to calm down if you stay here," I said.

Those words instantly piqued Kikyou's interest.

"Really? Did I make your heart race? Are you flustered?" A rapid barrage of questions ensued.

"I'm just a normal guy. That much is natural, right?"

"Hmm~? Just say it straight if you're falling for me, Kiyotaka-kun~," teased Kikyou.

"I'm not. Don't get ahead of yourself."

"Ow-!" Kikyou cried after I softly flicked her forehead. "That was uncalled for!"

"Whatever, Kikyou. I'll see you tomorrow."

When she walked out of the door, Kikyou turned around to tell me one more thing.

"Thanks again for today, Kiyotaka-kun. Bye-bye." And there she goes.

When I laid my body on the bed, I checked the plans I'd made for this weekend.

"That sure is a lot..." I muttered.

- A meet-up with Horikita (Final Exam Prep)

- Hang out with the Ayanokouji Group

- Hirata and I tagging along on Karuizawa and her friend's summer outfit shopping

- Trying out a new game with Ijuuin, Profressor, and Miyamoto

and many others...