P2: Chapter 11

Yeji's POV

We reached home after meeting with Somi at the cafe. Now i know why Ryujin loved her so much.

I couldn't move an inch seeing Seulgi unnie in front of my gate, waiting. She's blankly looking at us then glancing at our hands intertwined with each other. Ryujin won't back down despite her glares. I can feel the tension as Ryujin tightened her grip on my hand.

"Unnie..."

"Get inside." she sighed when i didn't let go of Ryujin's hand. "Ryujin and i need to talk. Just the two of us." I glanced at Ryujin and she just gave me a nod. I got inside my house and saw Hyunjin by the kitchen. His arms are wide open excitedly walking towards me.

"I already talked to noona so don't worry," 

----

Ryujin's POV

"I don't trust you."

She shook her head telling me to not say anything for she's not yet finished. "You remember Irene?" Of course i do. I was an ass for cheating on her. She didn't deserve it--no one deserves to be cheated on. I just realized everything i did before in those years I was alone in Korea again.

"I was inlove with her by the time you guys are dating." she laughed sarcastically before continuing, "It broke me seeing her crying over a girl who won't even feel any guilt towards the people she hurt...I won't let you do the same to my sister." I took a step closer reaching out her shoulder staring directly at her eyes.

"Seulgi, I would never hurt Yeji, and I'm sorry about Irene. I..never knew-" she scoffed at me.
"You should've told her that." i let out a sigh. I wish i could but I don't know where she is now.

"Somi?"

"We've broken up. If you don't believe you can go ask her--or ask Yeji, they've met already." she gave me a frown and then glanced at Yeji's side by the window. I saw her hugging Hyunjin and they're swaying slowly.

"Look, i know how fucked up i am 6 years ago but I've changed Seulgi, and believe me i still regret everything i did. But now, i want you to trust me."

She sighed before speaking, still holding back her tears.

"I want Yeji to be happy and if that's being with you then I'll support you two. But i swear if you hurt her--"

I hugged her tight before she could even finish. "Thank you," she tapped my back also leaning her head on my shoulders. "I missed you," i said tearing up as she chuckled with sniffles.

"You're my only bestfriend in this world."

--

Yeji's POV

I pulled away from Hyunjin when we heard the door opened. They're both sniffling and laughing, chatting about something. Ryujin walked beside me and waved at Hyunjin. Hyunjin walked up to unnie putting his arm on her shoulders.

"By the way Yeji, dad said to meet him at his office tomorrow."

"Okay," Why does he want to see me? He didn't even message me the whole day. Maybe it's a present. I hope so. We all stayed like that chatting about small things till it got awkward.

"We'll go now. See you tomorrow, sis."

Seulgi unnie ran to hug me and Ryujin. We pulled away after we heard Hyunjin complain. "Ryujin." Hyunjin called her giving her a meaningful look. Ryujin nodded with a smile on her face. We watched them drove away before locking the gate. It's just the two of us here now. She smirked at me,

"Feels like the old days," she said. I can't stop myself from chuckling remembering the days she lived with me. My mind suddenly became flooded with our memories together.

"Yeddeong-ah,"

"I remember you being awkward in bed beside me." she's laughing hard that i started laughing too. "I think that was you, Ryuddaeng,"

We're still giggling when she wrapped her arms around my waist. I put my hands on her shoulders leaning forward to touch her nose with mine. She kissed me softly on the lips.

I embraced her tight with my eyes closed. My chest is wanting to explode. Her warmth gives me comfort I'd never imagine to feel.

"I love you."

"Always."

---

"Hey dad,"

He greeted back and told me to sit down. He looked happy but worried at the same time. Mom came in a few seconds after and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"Why did you ask for me?" i said it in an awkward tone. They exchanged looks not sure on what to tell me. Dad finally talked after sighing more than once. 

"Okay, so we've talked to Mr. Wang regarding our partnership and we also thought it's about time for you to be with someone,"

I don't like where this is going. "Dad i--"

"Their eldest needs to be married soon as well. I really think it's a great opportunity for all of us."

"What the fuck?" i blurted out after what he just said.

"Yeji." my mom glared at me when she saw Dad shocked by how i acted.

"We'll meet them Saturday night at WangWang's."

"You can't decide that for me. What the hell? It's like i couldn't even say no by now." i stood up filled with rage. Mom told me to calm down but i just ignored her.

"No, i don't want to." i told them staring directly at my dad.

"Are you seeing someone already? If yes, then i would like to meet him. We'll not force the marriage,"

I just bit my lip failing to say what i wanted to.

"I don't want you to be dating random guys out there. As your dad, i want to make sure you marry a good man with fortune to give you a good life,"

"She's not like what you think, Dad." his eyes widened standing up from his seat.

"What did you say????! Repeat what you just said." i flinched upon hearing his loud voice. My mom tried to hold him to calm him down. I'm on the verge of crying.

"I'm with a woman. We love ea--" i couldn't finish because he slapped me. The pain came in instantly. I held my cheek not being able to stop myself from crying anymore.

"Don't give me that crap.  What happened to you?! We were gone for four years and this?" he paused full of frustration on his face. "If you don't stop seeing that girl..." hearing that made me weak. I am sure on how capable he is destroying enemies in the field. I can't let him do that to Ryujin.

"Dad no...m-mom.." i tried pleading but she just stayed quiet avoiding my gaze.

"You'll be staying at our place so i can watch you. You know disobeying me would ruin whoever that is...i can find her." he said full of threatening. I can feel my body trembling.

"Let's go home. We'll meet Mr. Wang this Saturday."

"Mom, please." 

I just cried throughout the elevator ride with my mom caressing my back.

"Enough with that stupid shit." He said again, i couldn't fight back. His voice was heard in the lounge as we walk back to our car. I felt more frightened with the people staring at me full of curiosity, judgment. I wish she's here to hold me. Why is it every time i feel happy sadness comes right away?