P2: Chapter 2

Yeji's POV

It's already the day we're going to the beach. I asked Winter if we're near and she said yes. I'm sitting on the back seat together with Lia and Karina on her gf's side. I texted the others saying we're on the way.

Aeri and Chaeryeong got in there first to work with our reservations. We also invited Yuna and her friends because the more, the merrier.

Yuna ran towards us the moment we got out of the car. She gave me a tight hug. She's still studying in the university along with Wonyoung. I smiled at Wonyoung who's still a bit shy. Seriously these girls..

"Come on now!" Aeri excitedly guided as to the beach house we rented for the night.

It's a two-storey gray-themed modern house. We passed the living room and we're all going upstairs for our rooms.

"The farthest would be Winrina's room because you know they're gonna--" Karina immediately hit Aeri and we all laughed.

Four of us will share one room. Me, Lia, Yuna and Wonyoung. We finished unpacking our things so we decided to walk around. There aren't too many people tonight.

At around 7 pm we all ate dinner. We're enjoying our cocktail in the bar while watching the others run on to the sea. I'm still not in the mood for the water. Karina is beside me laughing at Winter who's being splashed by our friends. Winter became close with us and isn't really quiet like before. 

"Ugh, i hate you two." she just chuckled at me.

"I told you to find a girlfriend--or boyfriend already."

"I'm trying, but mehhh-" i said pouting.

"I also told you to stop waiting for.."

"I'm not." i looked away.

"I just don't really feel a connection with the people I've meet and i don't want to force myself." i explained at her. I felt her hand caressing my arm.

"I'm sorry,"

"In time man, in time." yeah.

I told her i need to go somewhere to calm myself and she let me. I walked towards the area with less lights feeling the cold breeze. I stopped walking when i saw two girls talking and laughing together while drawing in the sand. I planned to go back but one of them met my eyes. She just stared at me as i did the same. It's a little dark i couldn't see her face really well. But i saw how she stood up, brush her black hair up, not breaking our eye contact...could it be?

No, you're just drunk Yeji.

"Let's go now RJ." i heard from the girl she's with. Who is she? must be her girlfriend. And RJ? No, it's just a coincidence. They both turned their backs at me and i saw the girl cling on to her arm. I was left confused.

---

"I LOVE THE SEA!" i shouted as i ran towards it hearing the laughs of my friends. I know I'm drunk already. All i want is to move nonstop feeling the heat of my body.

"WOOOO HWANG YEJI!"

"SHE'S FUCKING DRUNK!"

We're all head banging, dancing, bodies against each other without music. We didn't care about the people watching us. We're here to have fun. The next thing i knew we're running towards the lights where music is heard. A band is performing and lots of people are gathered around. We jumped up and down jamming to the rock music they're playing.

"WOOOOOO! I WISH I'D STAY IN THIS AGE!" Lia shouted.

"THEIR DRUMMER IS HOT AAAAH!" Now it's Aeri.

"NO, THE VOCALIST!"

It's the alcohol in my system that I never felt and complained about all the noise around me. Everything's too loud but I don't hear it at the same time. The music finished and we're all cheering for more.

"Alright, alright. I need a volunteer!" the vocalist shouted making everyone scream louder.

My friends started to point at me shouting my name and we got every attention from the crowd. The vocalist smiled at me wanting me go to the stage so i did.

He's really good-looking with that long blonde hair he has, pouty lips and freckles shown on his face.

"Your name, miss?" he has a deep voice.

"Yeji."

"Let's give it up for Yeji!"

"Wooooo that's my bestfriend!"

"She's single aaaaa!"

They're crazy...
The band started playing.

"I saw you dancing in a crowded room~"

His deep voice made the crowd go wild again. I'm glad i know the song or else i'd just embarrass myself here. Save your tears.

"You look so happy when I'm not with you, but then you saw me caught you by surprise, a single teardrop fallin' from your eyes~"

Thoughts from that short encounter earlier started flooding my mind. I'm also feeling a little dizzy from all the alcohol. I regret being hyper.

"Save your tears for another day~"

It's my turn.

"Met you once under a Pisces moon
I kept my distance cause I know that you
Don't like when I'm with nobody else"

"WOOOOOOOO~"

"THAT'S OUR BESTFRIEND!"

I smiled over at their direction pointing at them.

"I couldn't help it, I put you through hell"

I looked around the crowd to hype our performance up more till i stopped at one person already staring at me. I felt the vocalist's glance at me when i stopped singing but he continued.

"I don't know why~"

I couldn't hear the music nor the people shouting. She's all i can see. It's really her. She's the one i saw earlier. In that 3 years, nothing has changed.

Girl, take me back cause I wanna stay
Save your tears for another
I realize that it's much too late
And you deserve someone better"

I didn't realized I even sang that part. I felt a tear escaped my eye as i dropped the mic. The next thing i knew, i was running towards her. I'm not sure if it's my friends i heard calling my name. Nothing has changed. My feelings for her never changed.

I embraced her tight as i closed my eyes claiming her lips once again. Then everything went black.

--AUTHOR--

ITZY in Jeju is just aaaaaa <33