Chapter 11

There was a puff of smoke at the front of the room. Which thankfully pulled the attention away from the rookies and prevented any further altercations.

"Alright you baby-faced degenerates, pipe down and listen up!" a voice shouted.

From the smoke a large, intimidating man covered in facial scars and dressed in dark clothing appeared. Flanked by a large group of ninjas wearing grey colored clothing. All of them were rather serious in appearance.

"It's time to begin. I'm Ibiki Morino, your Proctor, and from this moment, your worst enemy."

His eyes snapped to the Sound Ninjas, who attacked Kabuto. Sakura and Ino were helping the older teen stand once more.

"Knock it off!" he yelled. "Who told you, you could fight? You want to be failed before we've even begun?"

The three ninja didn't seem to be too concerned by the threat.

"Sorry," the one that landed the hit spoke calmly. "This is our first time. Guess we're a little jumpy... sir."

Ibiki smirked at their eagerness to begin. "I'll say this once, so listen up. There will be no combat between candidates, no attacking without the permission of their Proctor. And even then, the use of fatal force is strictly prohibited. Anyone who even thinks about messing with me will be disqualified, immediately. Got it?"

"No fatal force?" another Sound Ninja asked. "That's no fun."

The adults at the front of the room chuckled in response.

"Now, if you're ready, we'll proceed to the first stage of the Chuunin Exam. Hand over your paperwork. In return you'll each be given a number. This number determines where you will be sitting. We'll start the written test once you're all seated."

When Team 7 had turned in their papers and received their numbers, they shared their assignments amongst one another.

"None of us are even close to each other," Sakura said. "Just what is the purpose to this part of the exam?"

"Divide us up so we're forced to work alone?" Mai questioned. "That's all I can think of..." But why would they be in this classroom?

"Take your seats!" Ibiki ordered.

The Be Fong sat in the next to last row of the classroom. It gave her good view of everyone in the room since the long tables sat at a slight incline. The chair beside her pulled out as the laziest ninja of Konoha sat down.

"What a drag," he grumbled.

Mai cocked a brow, when he realized she was there.

"Oh, hey, Mai."

She nodded in greeting.

"Everyone, eyes front," Ibiki ordered. "There are a few rules you need to be aware of, and I won't answer any questions. So pay attention. The first rule is that you guys will all start off with ten points. The test is made up of questions and each one is worth one point, but this test also uses a subtraction system. If you answer all questions correctly, you keep your ten points. Miss three and you get a seven.

"Rule number two: this is a team test. Whether you pass or not will be determined by the combined score of your teammates. So each team will compete to see how many points they can hold on to from the initial team total of thirty."

Everyone gasped in shock, some eyes going wide.

"Oh no..." Mai muttered.

"What?" Sakura exclaimed. "Wait a second! You say we all get scored as a team?"