Chapter 12: Crossfit for Devils (2)

"You look a bit..." Rias paused. "Ruffled."

"I didn't expect Katase to take him right out there," Akeno chuckled.

"Pervert..." Koneko deadpanned.

"Issei~," Yuuma whined. "I thought I was going to be first!"

"For the love of," Issei groaned, sitting down on the couch, his arms being immediately claimed by Yuuma and Asia. "That didn't happen. I am an angel, you know."

"I thought you said-" Yuuma tried to ask, but was quickly interrupted.

"WELL, ISSEI SHOULD REALLY BE MOVING ON TO THE TRAINING IDEAS," Yahweh spoke up loudly, definitely not covering up his big secret. "DON'T YOU THINK SO, ISSEI?"

"I should also look to get a new alarm clock..."

"Don't push it."

"Uh, Issei?" Rias looked beyond confused.

"You're so eccentric," Yuuma giggled.

"Alright, rumors and top-secret lies spread by the original Lord aside," Issei returned the conversation to where it was supposed to go. "We should really be discussing training. We have ten days, which should just barely be enough to get you all not to get your asses royally handed to you with a side of fried chicken."

"Hmm...that sounds tasty," Katase hummed.

"I'll bet Issei would enjoy that," Akeno teased. "All of our-"

"MOVING ON!" the King of Crowns interrupted. "Rias, your team will consist of yourself, Akeno, Koneko, Kiba, Katase, Asia, Xenovia, and Yuuma. That's eight people. I don't know if you're aware, but that's a lot of people to make not totally pathetic in ten days. No offense."

"Gee, thanks," Akeno rolled her eyes.

"..." Koneko just glared at him.

"I thought you said I was strong enough," Yuuma puffed her cheeks out in annoyance.

"And you are, Yuuma," he patted her head. "For this, at least. That's why you'll be assisting me with instruction."

"Yay!"

"Rias, do you have anywhere this training can take place that isn't in the underworld?"

"We own a cabin in the mountains," she suggested. "That's originally where we planned to have the games."

"Perfect. Plenty of forest to train in, I presume? And does it have a sizeable body of water in the vicinity?"

"Yes to both of those," she nodded.

"WHATEVER YOU DO," Katase warned. "DO NOT GIVE ISSEI A CUP OF WATER."

"Hey, it worked, didn't it?" Issei waved her off. "You're exaggerating."

"I WAS SOAKED!"

"So, you really have a plan for this, Issei?" Rias asked, once again taking care of the arduous task of keeping everyone on topic.

"Of course I do! Give me the coordinates of the mountain and I'll meet everyone there to start training tomorrow. Until then, Yuuma and Asia are within your care. I'll send Xenovia here as soon as I get back to Heaven."

"But that means," Yuuma immediately put on the cutest pout she could muster. "You'll be sleeping without us?"

"I-I'd rather stay with you," Asia admitted.

"For this time, I want you two to get to know Rias' group a little better. And Yuuma will help fill me in on anything of importance for my training plan," he explained. "It's just one night. You'll both be fine."