Chapter 6: A Life and A Life (1)

General Text

"Speaking aloud"

'Thinking'

'Speaking to one's Sacred Gear/Telepathic communication'

Emphasis

Ability or Sacred Gear Title

"Sacred Gear/Demonic/Draconic voice speaking"

"Sacred Gear/Demonic/Draconic telepathic/internal communication"

This was his worst idea yet. A terrible idea. Why did he do this again? He had no idea, he just knew that he shouldn't have done it. His mind had betrayed him. What was the point in continuing if his brain would give him ideas like this? Why oh why did he bring Yuuma downstairs?

"So, this is the girl, hmm?" his father asked. "She's definitely a cute one. I'd say she's a keeper."

"Dad~!" Issei groaned while Yuuma just turned red in embarrassment.

"Now, dear," scolded Miki. "I'm sure Yuuma is very nervous right now. I mean, she's meeting her true love's parents after spending the night in his bed. It's understandable that she'd be a little uncomfortable. Don't worry, Yuuma dear."

"NEITHER of you are helping AT ALL!" Issei complained as Yuuma tried to stay slightly behind him to hide her bright red face. "Yuuma is just very confused right now. Could you two please go upstairs so I can talk to her?"

"Now, just because you're going to be in charge of Heaven soon doesn't mean you're in charge of us," Miki chastised.

'He's...he's WHAT?' Yuuma thought to herself.

"We'll go upstairs when Michael gets here. For now, I want to get to know my future daughter-in-law."

"We just met this week! And she only asked me out so she could kill me," Issei defended.

"She did what now?" his mother asked.

"Did...did I forget to mention that part?" he chuckled awkwardly.

"I know you have moral standards, but you may want to cast one of those memory adjustment spells if you want to live, Issei," Yahweh suggested.

Ding Dong

"Looks like you two have to go upstairs! That's Michael! Bye-bye!" Issei told them, pushing the two towards the stairs. "Off you go. Chop-chop."

"We're not done talking about this, Issei!" Miki scolded. "We'll be back!"

"That's what they all say..." he mumbled to himself, quickly heading to the door. "Morning, Michael. You have news for me?"

"Good morning to you as well, Issei. May I come in?" Michael smiled.

"I hope that smile means something good...sure, come on in," he gestured.

"Thank you, Issei. I wouldn't say necessarily something goodper se, more of-oh? Who's this?" Michael asked.

"Uh...Michael?"

"Yes, father?"

"When was the last time you checked the system?"

"I believe it was yesterday evening before dinner. I had paperwork to do so I could come to meet with Issei this morning. Why do you ask?"

"You're in the clear, Issei! Quick, come up with something convincing while I distract him!"

"You realize you just said that out loud...right...?" Issei deadpanned. "Alright, Michael this is Yuuma. Yuuma, this is Archangel Michael. Before either of you flip out, I'd like us all to sit down at the table. Sound good? Good."