Chapter 5: Fallen From Grace (1)

General Text

"Speaking aloud"

'Thinking'

'Speaking to one's Sacred Gear/Telepathic communication'

Emphasis

Ability or Sacred Gear Title

"Sacred Gear/Demonic/Draconic voice speaking"

"Sacred Gear/Demonic/Draconic telepathic/internal communication"

The rest of the week was fairly uneventful for Issei...is what Issei would have preferred to be the case, though, unfortunately, it wasn't. Friday afternoon after school, Michael returned to his residence with more...less than fortunate news.

{Flashback}

Ding Dong

"Issei, are you expecting anyone?" Miki called to her son, walking to the door.

"No!" Issei yelled back.

The Hyoudou matriarch opened the door to reveal Michael standing there with a look of tension. "Hello, Mrs. Hyoudou. May I see Issei? It's rather urgent."

"Of course, Michael. And please, I keep telling you to call me Miki. We've known each other for years now."

"Of course, my apologies," he nodded, entering the house. "He's upstairs I presume?"

"In his room, yes," she nodded. "Knock first."

Unfortunately for Michael, that last part didn't quite register for him as he quickly headed upstairs and opened his door. "Issei, this is an-what are you doing?"

"Uh, nothing!" Issei quickly hid the materials that covered his desk. "What are you doing here? Also, why didn't you think to tell me that devils owned this territory! That's kind of important for maintaining peace!"

"I knew I forgot some-don't change the subject!" Michael shook his head. "Move."

"No, wait!" Issei protested but was shoved over by the hurried Michael to reveal his desk...which was covered in every document, book, passage, and article ever written about Gabriel. "I...uh...I can explain!"

"Is father alright with this?" he asked, eyeing him suspiciously.

"Er...he's asleep..."

"Of course he is. I don't really have time to deal with your obsession with my sister nor do I have time to yell at you for going to see her without telling me. Put all of this away and wake up father, this is important."

"Right!" Issei nodded, quickly recognizing his serious tone. Issei put away all his definitely not yandere-esque research and shook Yahweh up. Well, mentally shook him awake. More accurately permanently scarred him forever. 'Uncle Yahweh, quick! Someone is trying to do lewd things to Gabriel!'

"THEY'RE TRYING TO DO WHAT?" Yahweh roared from within Issei. "GET READY, ISSEI. WE'RE GOING BEYOND BALANCE-...Why are we in your room?"

"Sorry, Michael said it was an emergency and I knew nothing could get you in a serious mood quicker than her safety."

"That was cold, brat... Don't do that again..."

"Alright, you two, stop arguing and listen up," Michael insisted. "Two more Excalibur fragments were reported missing; Nightmare and Transparency. We also have more concrete information-"

"THIS. THIS RIGHT HERE IS WHY I SAID GIVE THE SWORD TO EXORCISTS!" Issei shouted. "Alright, continue...sorry..."

"As I was saying...we have more concrete information on who took them as well. It was a Fallen Angel, though we don't know which one exactly. What we do know is that he's heading herewith them. To Kuoh."