Chapter 3: High School of God (2)

"...And that's why anarcho-communism is actually the best system of government. It's so far left, it's right! And there's the bell. Enjoy your lunch everyone!" the bubbly teacher said, before skittering out of the room.

'Finally, I thought that would never end,' Issei mentally groaned. 'And I thought your lessons were boring!'

"As much as I'd love to yell at you for being an ungrateful brat, you've got some company."

'Hmm?' Issei hummed before turning his head to be met with a smiling pinkette.

"Your name's Issei, right?" she asked.

"Yeah, Issei Hyoudou. A pleasure to meet you," he smiled, standing up and reaching his hand out.

"Yeah, you too," she answered, shaking his hand. "So, did you think about joining the Kendo Club?"

"Are you sure that would be ok? Your friend didn't seem too receptive to the idea," he chuckled.

"Oh, she'll get over it. Come on! Let's go have lunch!" she insisted, grabbing his hand and pulling him along.

"Hey, hold on! Slow down!" Issei grinned as he was pulled along with her.

The two found a spot outside to sit and eat lunch.

"So, have you ever tried kendo before?" Katase asked, opening her lunch.

"Not kendo specifically, no, but I have done some work with sword combat before," he replied.

"Well, you should think about joining! You'd be the only guy there, too."

"So that's what this is about. You could have just started with that."

"Hey, I wanted to get to know you too!" she pouted and rubbed her arm. "I mean, you are kinda cute and you said you were single, so I figured if you joined the Kendo Club I could get to know you a bit better..."

'Cute...' Issei thought. "Alright, I'll give it a shot if it'll make you happy."

"You will? Aw, thanks, Issei!" she exclaimed, giving a massive grin.

"Sure. If you answer a question. What was with Murayama asking about perverts? You'd think that was kind of a...weird question, to say the least."

"Well, we kind of have a bit of a problem with perverts here," she admitted. "Most of the guys are but especially two that are so open about it we call them 'the Perverted Duo.'"

"Wow. That bad?"

"Yeah. It gets kind of annoying, but Murayama really hates it."

"I can understand why," Issei nodded. "From a logical standpoint, you could perceive it as flattery, though a fairly deplorable form of it, admittedly."

"Uh, I guess?" she said, a little confused.

"Don't mind me, I'm just a bit of a rambler. So, after school, right?"

"Yeah!"

{Line Break}

Across campus, in the old school building, a young woman stood at the window gazing out at the grounds below. She was, in a word, gorgeous, with her long crimson hair and her deep blue eyes.

"Did Sona tell you about our new student? He sure seems popular," another young woman came behind her and giggled. She was just as beautiful as the first but had lengthy black hair with a yellow ribbon.

"Yes, she did, Akeno," the crimson-haired girl replied. "She said she sensed something...different about him."

"Are you planning on having Koneko tail him for a while?" Akeno asked.