Chapter 10: One-Thousand Suns (1)

Two girls were walking side-by-side down the streets of Kuoh. They each wore white church robes covering their whole bodies and exuded a holy aura. One of them had chestnut-colored hair tied into twin tails, while the other had blue hair with a green fringe and carried a massive object on her back covered in white wrappings.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Of course it is!" she said confidently.

"It's been nine years. You really believe he still remembers you?"

"Yep! Look, see? Here we are. He gave it to me before I left."

"That still doesn't mean he'll remember you."

"Oh~, don't worry so much, Xenovia! I'm sure he'll remember!" Irina spoke happily, approaching the door to the Hyoudou home.

"Why are we stopping here first anyway? I thought we were supposed to meet up with a contact from the church. Shouldn't we go to the church?"

"No, remember? They specifically said don't go to the church. That's why we're starting with Issei's house," she explained, ringing the doorbell.

"You just want to see him..."

"That's beside the point," she waved her off.

"Katase, you're early..." came a tired feminine voice as the door opened. "Issei's still in bed with Asia, so you'll have to wait-eh? Who are you two?"

"ISSEI'S WHAT?" Irina yelled.

"Interesting. Does that mean sex? I've been told that 'in bed with' is another way to say sex," Xenovia asked.

"It better not mean sex! Where's Issei?" Irina demanded.

"I'm sorry, would you mind telling me who you are?" Yuuma asked. "I haven't seen you before."

"Yuuma, what's with all the shouting," Issei yawned, approaching the door.

"There's two girls here to see you," Yuuma said, opening the door wider.

"Issei..." Irina glared. "Mind telling me what you're up to?"

"Oh, that's just Irina," he waved dismissively. "Now, if you don't mind I'm...going...back...IRINA?!"

"Yes, it's me! Now, what were you-EEK!" she squeaked, as Issei sprinted over and gave her a giant hug.

"IRINA!" he exclaimed happily, slightly squeezing the girl to death. "It's you! I can barely believe it! Look at you!"

"It's nice to see you too, Issei, but put me down! Or at least put more clothes on!" Irina blushed, as she was assaulted with affection from her childhood best friend and totally not crush.

"Oh, right! Sorry, I just woke up," he chuckled sheepishly, as he was wearing only boxer shorts and a sleeveless undershirt.

"I'd like you to tell me if you were having sex," Xenovia requested bluntly.

"WHAT?" Issei asked, "No! When did you-who are you?"

"Unfortunately we weren't," hummed Yuuma, as Issei continued to dramatically protest. "Can I please close the door now, master~?"

"MASTER?" Irina yelled.

"Is that a sex thing too?" Xenovia wondered.

"Alright, Yuuma, you've done enough damage for one day," Issei sighed, lifting her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

"Issei~," she giggled. "Put me down!"

"No. Irina and...friend...go ahead and come in. I'll deal with her and get changed and then we can do introductions. Is that ok?"