Chapter 9: The Great Conspiracy (2)

Monday morning had come, thankfully Katase had gone back to her own house, and Issei was now taking Yuuma and Asia to school with him. They both looked adorable in the school uniforms, he had to admit. Yuuma wasted no time in riding on his back to school while Asia walked alongside them, asking all sorts of questions about what school would be like.

"Hey, Issei? How come everyone speaks Italian?" Over the past week, she'd noticed that, for some reason, everyone was speaking in Italian. She couldn't figure it out! When she'd arrived, no one could understand her, but now that she'd been staying with Issei, everything seemed to make perfect sense.

"They're not. Stick out your tongue," he requested.

"Like this?" she asked, sticking her tongue out at him.

"Yeah. Here, look." Issei gently touched her tongue with a finger, much to her confusion, and she felt a slight tingle. He gently lifted something off her tongue and showed it to her. "It's an Angel tool. They're not all that common nowadays, but I had Michael bring me one. Angels have something called Universal Tongue so we can speak and understand all other languages. Devils have it too. This is a temporary, artificial version of that. It should last about a month or so."

"That's amazing!" she exclaimed, eyes sparkling with excitement. "But...when exactly did you give that to me?"

"The first night you stayed at my place," he shrugged. "You passed out and I gave it to you. Now, open up."

"Ahh~"

"There you go. Good as new," he patted her head affectionately. "Now, let's go."

"Come on, Issei~!" Yuuma happily requested, leaning over his head to look at him. "If you don't hurry, we're gonna be late!"

"We might already be there if you would walk on your own two feet..." Issei grumbled, but Yuuma just giggled at him.

{Line Break}

"Alright, everyone! We have two new students today!" Ms. Hatcher, ever the bubbly woman, informed the class. "Why don't you two introduce yourselves."

"Hello!" Yuuma smiled brightly. "I'm Yuuma Amano! I'm Issei's first girlfriend!"

"WHAT~?!" the class yelled, looking back at Issei who was equally as shell-shocked.

"YOU BASTARD!"

"YOU ALREADY CLAIMED THE NEW GIRL?" the boys yelled in protest.

"I told you he was seducing everyone!"

"Maybe I can be his next girlfriend?" the girls whispered amongst each other.

"Alright, you can spread rumors about who's dating who later. Next up!" Ms. Hatcher instructed.

"H-hello!" Asia nervously greeted. "M-my name's Asia Argento! I-I'm Issei's girlfriend too! Please take care of me!"

Issei's jaw was still on the ground, unable to speak at what was clearly a well-planned attack. Yuuma stood there giggling, clearly having been this instigator in this little plan.

"YOU TOOK BOTH OF THEM?"

"DAMN YOU, ISSEI!" the boys yelled.

"How many girlfriends does he have?"

"Are we sure he's not a pervert?" the girls asked each other. Katase, however, had other plans.

"Hi, Asia! Hi, Yuuma!" the pinkette greeted.

"Katase, you know them?" Murayama asked suspiciously.

"Of course I do! I'm Issei's third girlfriend after all!" she announced proudly. "Right, Issei?"