Chapter 2: Michael (1)

General Text

"Speaking aloud"

'Thinking'

'Speaking to one's Sacred Gear/Telepathic communication'

Emphasis

Ability or Sacred Gear Title

"Sacred Gear/Demonic/Draconic voice speaking"

"Sacred Gear/Demonic/Draconic telepathic/internal communication"

It had been five years since Issei had discovered his Sacred Gear, Heavenly Crown. In terms of power, Yahweh told him he was probably up to par with an average high-class warrior, though in terms of experience, he still lacked...well...any to be completely honest. It had taken some time to come to an understanding between God, Issei, and his parents on what he would do with his newfound abilities, and they all agreed that the safest thing to do would be to train in secret until Issei was powerful enough to enter the world of the supernatural on his own, as well as protect his family. His parents even offered to start attending church regularly if it would help or be more respectful to the God they went to church to worship, but Yahweh insisted that all the education they would get there he could provide at their own house, so there was no need to worry about it. Besides, going to a church with a holy Sacred Gear could put Issei into harm's way earlier than planned.
The last precaution that they had put into place was Issei being homeschooled. They debated about it for a short while, as on the one hand, it could prove dangerous for himself and others should he go, but on the other, it would also be detrimental for his social skills should he stay isolated at home. It was actually Issei who convinced them that he wanted to stay home, as God could teach him what was important, and, since Irina had left, he didn't really have any other friends that he felt the need to go see in the first place. After relenting to his argument, Issei's time was split between being taught by his parents and God, training with his Sacred Gear, and spending some free time just being a kid. Yahweh was very insistent that he spends as much time as possible being young, because, as he put it, 'the older you get the more you wish you were young again.'

Today's training was a bit of an experiment on Yahweh's part. In all fairness, everything about their training was an experiment to some degree, considering he'd never been awakened before, but this was something a bit...different. Of course, even though it wasn't necessarily his intention, God knew about Balance Breakers, but there was something else he theorized with his system. So, Issei headed to his 'training grounds' which was, essentially, the middle of the forest that he maintained a barrier around, preventing anyone from entering and keeping all noise and magical presence from escaping.

"Alright then, Issei. Are you ready?" God asked.

'Of course! Let's do this!' the now thirteen-year-old Issei mentally cheered. 'Wait, what is it that we're doing exactly?'

"Well, remember that the Sacred Gear, in essence, is an addition to your soul. It is magic that activates it, yes, but the Sacred Gear is ingrained into your very being. That's why I always have you suppress it. Others, while they can't tell what it is that you possess, will be able to tell that something about you is different. Many will guess it's a Sacred Gear of some sort that has yet to awaken. Remember, people who have yet to awaken their Sacred Gears are prime candidates for one of two things: elimination before they become threats or recruitment so that they become threats to their enemies," explained Yahweh. "So, what I want to try, is utilizing the angelic nature of your Longinus, which is me, to essentially 'reincarnate' you, so to speak, as an angel, or, at the very least, make you 'part' angel."