Chapter 2: Michael (2)

Several minutes later, a figure came out from the trees. He was wearing similar garments to Yahweh, that being massive gold-colored shoulder armor plates and a holy robe with a large white cross in the center. The more Issei looked at the man, the more he was reminded of Yahweh. They had the same eyes and the same hair color and a similar overall facial structure, but the man looked about ten years younger.

"I'm sure it's around here somewhere..." the man mumbled to himself, looking around.

'He looks...like...exactly like you if you weren't so old and crotchety,' Issei pointed out.

"You're lucky my principles are on forgiveness, child..." God grumbled in response. "But he looks exactly like me because that's Michael. He's my son."

'Really? What's he- wait a second. I thought Jesus was your son? More than that, aren't we all your children?'

"Ok, it's kinda hard to explain. The whole 'everyone is my child' thing is more of a figure of speech. Anyway, that's not important right now."

'Right...Anyway, what's your son doing here?'

"Maybe he's looking for you? You did kinda just become an angel."

'Think I should say something?'

"No, I think you should stay in this bush for the next hour and hope he doesn't expect you to hide."

'The Bible really should have mentioned that you were this sarcastic, you know...'

"Listen, I'm allowed to adjust my manner of speaking according to the time period I'm in, as well as who I'm talking to. I assure you, when I was ruling over Heaven I was much less sarcastic. Now, enough about me. Go say something to Michael!"

'Alright, alright, fine. Grouchy old man...' Issei grumbled before emerging and clearing his throat. "Uh, yo. Michael, right?"

Michael turned to look at the boy and just stared at him in confusion. "I'm sorry, child, I don't believe I know who you are. How do you know who I am?"

"Uncle Yahweh told me."

"Way to go, kid..." God sighed. Michael just stood there in shock for a second. While it wasn't exactly hidden knowledge that God's real name was Yahweh, it wasn't really broadcast either. Aside from that, apparently, God, who according to his knowledge was dead, informed the boy of who he was. "Hello, Michael."

"Father?" Michael asked softly, approaching the boy still in shock.

"Uh, not really," Issei chuckled uncomfortably.

"I'm not the boy, Michael... Really, I spend a few millennia sealed away and you think I'd come back as this child?"

"I feel like that was supposed to be an insult..." Issei deadpanned.

"Listen, Michael. I'm not dead and I'm not the boy. Any other guesses?"

"Are you...inside his soul?" Michael asked, still not fully processing what was happening.

"Close enough. Long story short, I never actually died in that battle against Ddraig and Albion. I sealed myself away too."

"So...you're...still alive?"

"That's the long and short of it, yes."

"Father...Father!" Michael exclaimed, hugging Issei fiercely. "I can't believe it!"