Chapter 20

..........

Heejin stared at Sunoo's figure which is fading away from her sight. He just left her there dumbfounded.

Is it true that his family are calling him?

Is he going to be back to his true self?

Is he going to leave me here forever?

Heejin looks down the floor and hold her necklace.

"No...I know you will be back....you promised....", she said to herself and looked up.

Suddenly her phone rang. She took her phone from her handbag and checked the caller's ID.

"Oh Mr. Park....", she clicked the answer button and brings the phone to her right ear.

*on the phone*

Mr. Park: Heejin? Are you okay? Why didn't you come to the office yet? Is there a problem?

Heejin: Ah Mr. Park....No I actually forgot about something and came back.....but it's okay there's nothing to worry about.

Mr. Park: Are you sure?

Heejin: I'm sure....I will arrive there in any minute.

Mr. Park: Okay Heejin, be safe.

Heejin: Okay I will.

Then they hung up.

Heejin shoved her phone inside her pockets before running towards the bus stop.

Timeskip...

"Annyong Mr. Park", Heejin bowed after she opens the office door.

"Ah Heejin...have a seat", Mr. Park said and and signalled me to sit on the other seat infront of him.

"Yes Mr. Park?"

He didn't say anything and looked at Heejin's necklace. He smiled.

"Where's the necklace that I gave you?"

He asked making her gulped.

"U-uh well....I wasn't ready to wear it....", she lied and looks down, avoiding his gaze.

"Nah I know you're lying....you just don't want to take off the necklace that you're wearing right now right? It must be special....", he smiled.

"Oh....m-maybe...how did you know?"

"Know what?"

"That this necklace is special to me?"

He cleared his throat.

"Well to be honest, when I walked out from your house yesterday, I heard you and your friend's conversation....this is considered as eavesdropping but I accidentally heard it.....who is he?"

"Ah....he's also my childhood friend....", she lied.

"Hm, but he must be special to you, are you both more than friends? like is he your boyfriend?", he said making Heejin's mouth went wide.

"W-what?"

It was an awkward silence until Mr. Park breaks it by laughing.

"I'm just kidding, don't take it so seriously....you're so cute...."

"I'm what?"

"Cute"

He scrunches his nose and touched Heejin's nose with his index finger. Heejin was shocked and blushed at the same time. She lost her words after he did that. Her cheeks are bright red. She hides in my brushing her hair to her face.

"Ah Heejin, are you free next week? Maybe Friday?", he asked.

"I'm not sure, why?"

"Well, next week night we have a business dinner with all of the popular businesses company, there'll be many people there, everyone in Gold Aqua's are invited including you", he said while checking his phone.

"Ah....I'm not sure...well this is my first time attending this kind of event...", she said while playing with her hands nervously.

"It's okay, you have me. You're my secretary and we always stick to each other, I really need you there, it's okay I don't want to force you, think about it", he gave her a soft smile before focusing back on his phone.

It was silence until he spoke again.

"Heejin, Jiyeong just texted me and told me about their finished project, come with me", he said and walk towards the mirror fixing his tie.

"Oh okay", Heejin stood up and fixed her pants.

She waited for Mr. Park to finish fixing himself.

Mr. Park finished and turns around. He took his bag and hands it to Heejin.

"Do you mind holding this?", he asked.

"Of course", Heejin took the bag from him and smiled.

Then he turns his attention back to Heejin who's staring at him. He frowned and came closer to her.

"Why are you hiding your face?", he leans down until he reached her height. He tucked her hair behind her ear and looks at her. She just stared at him with eyes wide open. She broke the eye contact by taking a step backwards and cleared her throat.

"L-Let's go now", she turns around and walk towards the door.

"Aigoo...she's such a cute friend....", he chuckled and followed her.

Meanwhile Sunoo....

"A-amma.....", Sunoo's eyes softens as he saw a pretty old woman standing in front of him. His beloved mom.

"Sunoo my baby!", his mom came towards him and hugs him tightly.

"I miss you so much!", his mom said while caressing his head.

"Amma....I-I miss you too....", Sunoo said between sobs.

"Don't cry....let's go appa it waiting for you....", his mom said and hold his hand.

"Appa? He wants to see me?"

"Yes, honey. Everyone wants to see you especially appa. Sunoo.....appa is sick....", his mom said as Sunoo's mouth wide open.

"What? I want to see appa now! Let's go amma", Sunoo pulls her hand and walk towards the portal.

They arrived at Sunoo's parents room. He opens the door and saw his dad laying on the bed while staring at the ceiling.

"Appa....", Sunoo walk towards him as his dad looks at Sunoo.

"I thought you didn't want to go home.....", his dad said as Sunoo wipes his tears and say besides his dad.

"Appa....of course I'm happy to go home....I miss you and—"

"Liar"