Chapter Ten

Shit is about to go down.♡

Zayd

Luke has forced me to be sober for two entire days because he wanted to take me on a sale with him, to see how I do. It's been hell, all I've wanted is to smoke and drink. We were currently getting ready to leave to go to this party that Luke somehow heard about. And he wants me to sell to some of the kids there. Luke told me that if everything goes well, he will introduce me to his boss.

"You good to go?" Luke asked Zayd who was just laying on the couch.

"As long as I can get high after, yes," Zayd responded, not making any effort to move.

"As long as you don't fuck this up, I don't care what you do."

"I never fuck up a sale. Have some faith in me Lucas."

"That is not my name. I hate it when you call me that."

"Oh everybody knows that Luke is short for Lucas."

"Not for me. It's Luke. Never been a Lucas. Why are you trying to argue with me about my name." Luke was starting to get annoyed.

"Get the stick out of your ass Luke. Why must you take everything so seriously," Zayd said as he got up off of the couch.

Luke rolled his eyes as he and Zayd grabbed everything they needed before leaving. Luke placed a gun into the waistband of his jeans before locking the front door. Zayd was already in the garage waiting for Luke.

"Took you long enough princess," Zayd said as he heard the garage door sliding open.

"Shut up." Luke felt his face heat up at Zayd's words.

Luke got into the drivers seat of his Camaro while Zayd got into the passenger seat.

"Awe is mister Luke blushing," Zayd teased once he saw how red Luke's face was.

"No," Luke said quietly as he looked behind him while reversing out of the garage.

"Whatever you say."

The car ride to the party was silent, once they arrived Luke gave Zayd the narcotics that he had stashed in the glove compartment.

"You ready dude?" Luke asked right before they exited the vehicle.

"Always ready." Zayd responded as he placed the baggy in the front pocket of his jeans.

"Okay."

The two of them climbed out of the car and walked into the party, Zayd immediately walking away from Luke. Luke got himself a drink before mingling with the crowd of high school students, watching Zayd from afar. It didn't take Zayd long at all to find Luke and shove the empty baggy into Luke's front pants pocket.

"Can I get high now?" Zayd whispered in Luke's ear before grabbing the cup of alcohol out of his hand and tossing it back.

"How did you do that so quickly? We just arrived."

"I told you to have faith in me Lucas."

"Fuck off."

"Gladly," Zayd responded as he walked off.

Luke had zero plans on staying at the party, but now it looks like he is going to have to if Zayd planned on actually partying. This is what he gets for deciding to allow a young adult to stay with him and introducing him to the life in LA.
It's not like Luke was some old dude. he is twenty-four, was recruited at the age of eighteen back when his boss was one of the right-hand men, but usually he would be at college parties. When he is recruiting guys for his boss he takes them to high school parties, to see how they do, before bringing them to meet the boss. So far Zayd has been doing great. The plan was to stay sober though. It looks like Zayd isn't sticking with that plan.

Luke went off in search of the eighteen year old, eventually finding him in the backyard. High as a kite. Luke swallowed back a groan as he watched Zayd laying in the grass, staring up at the sky.

"What you looking at there dude?" Luke questioned as he stood off to the side of the young adult.

"The clouds . That one looks like an elephant." Zayd pointed up as he spoke.
Luke looked up but couldn't decipher any shape in the clouds.

"Are you ready to leave? We have things to do."

"Meeting the boss?" Zayd asked.

"And getting you sober."

"But that's no fun," Zayd whined. Yes whined.

"I'd rather a sober Zayd meets the boss before a not sober Zayd meets him. Come on, up you go," Luke explained as he held his hand out for Zayd to grab.

Zayd accepted the outstretched hand and was pulled up to stand on his own two feet. Although he was a little wobbly, he managed to stay standing.

"Y'know princess, you can let go of my hand," Zayd said once he was steady and realized Luke was still holding his hand.

Luke blushed as he quickly let go of Zayd's hand and started walking away to his car. Zayd following behind him. Around an hour later of driving, Zayd was back to his normal self and the two of them were on they're way to the bosses place. Luke had already informed his boss he had a possible recruit and he was instructed to just show up at the house.

"When we get there please don't act like an immature idiot," Luke said as he drove down a dark gravel road.

Zayd gasped placing his hand on his chest, as if he was offended. "When do I act like an idiot?"

"Do you really want me to answer that one?"

Zayd mumbled a no as he looked out the window into the darkness.

Five minutes later they pulled up to this brightly lit mansion, in the middle of nowhere, the boss standing on the front stoop. Zayd recognized him immediately but didn't say anything.

"You ready kid?" Luke asked as he put the car in park.

"Sure."

The two stepped out of the vehicle, Luke leading the way. The two of them were allowed into the house and immediately ushered into an office. Where they spent a good hour or so just talking about what it meant to work in the gang. What Zayd would have to do to prove himself and other necessary talks. After the long conversation, boss had Luke and Zayd both leave with the instructions that Luke bring Zayd back the following day. So that they could speak further, alone.

Niall

As soon as Zayd and Luke left my office, I was on the phone calling the only person that could give me an explanation. And as soon as they answered I fired a question, no greetings or anything. I needed answers.

"Why is Zayd trying to join the gang Liam?"

*A/N:

Haii there!!!

Hope you guys liked this chapter.

What did you like?

What did you dislike?

What do you wanna see happen?

Goal 5 votes and 5 comments.
Please

Thank you

Love all of you

-Sam*