Chapter Eight

Zaria

*INCOMING VIDEO CALL WITH ZIA AND ZAYD*

"We're eighteen bitches!" Zia yelled as her siblings appeared on the screen.

""Finally adults!" Zayd practically screamed.

Zaria sat there with a smile on her face, softly giggling at her siblings. She was glad they were eighteen but upset that they were separated. And it showed.

"Zaria take a shot with us," Zayd said as both he and Zia each brought out a bottle of liquor and shot glass.

"Uh no, I'm good," Zaria said, she didn't want to upset her guardians.

"Fine, I'll do two for you," Zia said as she poured the clear liquid into two shot glasses.
Zayd following suit with his one.

"Here's to being eighteen," Zia said as she lifted up both shot glasses. Zia and Zayd put the glasses up to the screen before they downed them.

Neither one made a face as they swallowed the alcohol. Zaria smiled while her two siblings were having fun.

"Alright, I'm gonna let you two go. Happy birthday," Zaria said quietly before ending the video call. Not giving her siblings a chance to respond.
She threw her phone down while throwing herself backwards onto her bed as tears began flowing down her cheeks. She was ecstatic but felt so alone.

Zaria's phone flew to the floor as she threw her covers over herself and silently cried herself to sleep.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"Time to wake up babes, let's go celebrate you turning eighteen," Zayn exclaimed as he threw open the curtains in Zaria's room.

Zaria muttered something under her breath as she adjusted to the light coming in through her window.

"What time is it?" Zaria questioned as she sat up. Patting her bed trying to find her phone.

"Time for you to get up and get dressed. We leave in twenty," Zayn said as he walked to the bedroom door. "And your phone is on the floor," he stated as he walked out shutting the door behind him.

We leave in twenty my ass, Zaria thought as she reached down to grab her phone, realizing it was dead. She threw it on the charger before going into her closet to pick out an outfit. Once she had an outfit picked out she went into her bathroom to take a shower.

Around an hour later Zaria came out of her bathroom to get dressed before returning to the bathroom to do her hair. After another half hour, Zaria was finally ready to go. She grabbed her phone off of the charger, pocketing it, before going downstairs where her guardians were.

"I told you an hour and a half ago we leave in twenty. What took you so long?" Zayn asked as Zaria was walking down the steps.

"I had to get ready. And that was going to be impossible to do in twenty minutes. If you have a problem with me not sticking with your schedule I can just stay here. I am completely fine with that."

"Lose the attitude. Let's go," Liam said as he walked to the front door.
Liam held the door open for Zayn and Zaria, locking the door behind them.

"I don't have an attitude. I'm just simply stating. There is absolutely no reason for either of you to try and start anything with me. Like today is already shitty with Zayd and Zia not being here. So how about you two don't make it worse," Zaria said before she got into the backseat of Liam's vehicle.

Liam and Zayn looked at one another before climbing into the car. The two adults turned to look at Zaria, who had her arms crossed and was staring down at her lap.

"We aren't trying to start anything with you Zaria. And I'm sorry your siblings aren't here with you today. How about we just make the best of it, alright?" Liam apologized.

"Whatever," Zaria mumbled.

Liam and Zayn turned around to face forwards, Liam putting the car in reverse to leave the driveway. Soon enough they were driving down the road, on the way to Zaria's favorite restaurant.

Zayd

"Yo dude, how much can I get off you with a fifty?" Zayd asked his buddy. He was already wasting the money he was given access to, on drugs, and it hasn't even been a full twenty-four hours.

The moment Zayd stepped foot in LA he has not been sober. Whether it was drugs or alcohol, he was always drinking, smoking, snorting, or shooting up something. The connect that he was currently residing with supplied him with whatever he needed. But when Zayd was too inebriated he'd offer up money for more of the poison. The connect wasn't going to say no to free money, that'd be dumb of them. So they took it, but always gave Zayd the same amount of paraphernalia. Zayd has yet to notice.

"When do you plan on doing some sales with me? Your friend back in Greece said you were great at it. And that you managed to get a possession charge dropped," the connect questioned as he placed the white powder on the table top in front of them.

"Whenever you want me to dude," Zayd slurred as he grabbed his credit card to put the powder in a neat line. He grabbed his rolled up bill and leaned down to snort the drugs. Exhaling loudly as he sat back against the couch, wiping underneath his nose with the back of his hand.

"Alright. I'll need you sober to do that though. I can't have you fucking shit up, it'll be my head and your head on a platter in front of my boss," the connect stated.

"Y'know I never got your name, what is it." Zayd was trying to keep himself from falling over, he felt extremely dizzy at the moment.

"It's Luke. I've told you this before Zayd."

Zayd just stared off into the distance, ending up in his own world while Luke rambled off at him. Zayd not understanding anything said to him.

*A/N:

Haii there!!!

Here's a picture of who I see the connect Luke being portrayed as: Luke portrayed by actor Nicholas Hoult

I hope you guys liked this chapter.

What did you like?

What did you dislike?

What do you wanna see happen?

Goal 3 votes and 3 comments.
Please

Thank you

Love all of you

-Sam*