18. Methuselah vs Elise

Start from the beginning

Technician: We're trying, but a virus has taken over the whole system!

Port: Then what do we do??

An electric shock suddenly hits the technician as they pull a wire.

Technician: Yeow!! Uh oh.

Port: What's "uh oh?!"

The arena emits a low ping noise. Four of the biome randomizer screens appear at the edge of the arena, and the four panels that do not have screens above them begin receding.

Methuselah: Hm?

The biome randomizer screens finally stop spinning through the options. All four land on a purple icon depicting levitating platforms. The remaining four panels begin receding, and Elise looks around. Methuselah fires a fireball shot just as Elise begins running. Methuselah continues firing at Elise, who leaps off the panel, into the biome below. Gravity biomes begin rising up in the four sections that had the biome randomizer screens. Methuselah looks around, watching these biomes rise up. Finally, he sees Elise standing on a levitating platform on the fourth and final biome that he looks at.

Methuselah raises his arm and generates a dark magic energy ball and aims it at Elise. Elise furrows her eyebrows as he fires it at her. The shot lands and an explosion creates smoke around Elise's position. Methuselah smirks before the smoke dissipates and his smirk turns into a look of curiosity as Elise was still standing. However, she was now wielding a gold and blue sword that was glowing. She used it to deflect the attack, but where did it come from? Methuselah notices the Relic shaped as a Phoenix brooch attacked to Elise's outfit was missing. Methuselah appears surprised before he then smiles. He learned something about this new Relic, it can change forms depending on the needs of its user.

Methuselah's eyes light up.

Elise fires a fire blast towards Methuselah, who quickly dodges the attack before a portal opened next to him. Methuselah disappeared in the portal, causing Elise to look around. Elise looks up and sees Methuselah coming down from a platform above and he throws a blade at her. It impaled her cloak, which she immediately throws off. Elise jumps away just as Methuselah comes down and punches with his right hand. The punch connects with the floor, and as Methuselah stands up, Elise has the Relic in her left hand transform into a pole staff.

Elise swings her weapon at Methuselah, but the Herrscher blocks and swings his sickle-like weapon at Elise's face. Elise leans back to dodge, leaving an opening for Methuselah to punch her in the chest and sends her up in the air. While Elise is still in the air, Methuselah spins around and kicks her in the gut, sending her flying across a gap to another platform. Elise rights herself in mid-air and lands on her toes, sliding backward. She barely manages to lean her torso to the side to dodge a knife thrown by Methuselah. She then blocks two more blades by turning her Relic into a shield. She then transforms the Relic into a bow and aims at Methuselah.

Elise fires an arrow produced by the Relic. Methuselah dives and rolls out of the way of the arrow that Elise had fired at him. He gets up in a kneeling position and notices an Atlesian pistol near him from one of the JTF troops he butchered earlier. He grabs it, but there is a dull ping noise, followed by the gravity around Methuselah and Elise changing to levitate the two into the air. There is another dull ping, and Methuselah as well as Elise is slammed into a floating wall. Elise loosened her grip from that.

Elise: Ah!

Methuselah noticed that Elise dropped the Relic, which turned back into the Phoenix brooch, and the two of them pounce towards it. Methuselah grabs it first and uses his magic to create a shockwave to send a couple feet away from him.

Methuselah smirks and runs away, jumping to another platform, and Elise gets up and gives chase along the floating walls. There is another dull ping, and Elise begins to fall from the wall she is standing on. She fires a fire stream to propel herself onto the adjacent platform and rolls across the floor. She then continues the chase.