"Only biologically. More than a mother you have been a wife, Mrs Kim."

He snaps with sarcasm but it definitely affected his mother whose mouth parted in shock.

"What did you just say?"

"The truth." Namjoon uncrosses his arms "Does it bother you?"

He scowled at her but inside, a tiny bit of his heart was hoping to hear an apology or admittance to his mother's fault. That she would try to rectify her mistakes by being honest. But she shakes her head, disappointing Namjoon more than what was left.

"You are certainly delusional Namjoon. Being stuck in the past is useless, get over it."

Mrs Kim turned and took a seat on the sofa before relaxing her body in a comfortable position, sighing like she was resting in a sauna and was oblivious of the argument she just had.

Her son stared at her in wild disbelief, wondering who the woman was in front of him. This can't be my mother, Namjoon told himself. It cannot be the same woman who risked her life to save Namjoon but that was in the past.

How could that selfless woman change into such a vicious lady?

"Your father was asking about the marriage so I decided to come here."

"He is not my father, I told you already."

His mother merely shrugs, grabbing some grapes from the fruit bowl and chewing on a piece.

"Biologically, no. But you still use his surname, work under his company and he is my husband so he is still your father."

"I live in my own house, earn my own money and the company? I don't even work there, it's just the name. Take it away and I wouldn't even blink. That doesn't make him my father."

His mother ignores him and eats some more grapes.

"The girl. . .Han Sowon was it?" Namjoon gives a sharp look at his mother when he hears the name, daring her to try anything funny. "She's not that pretty."

He marches over to where she was seating, letting out a low growl.

"Don't you dare bring her into this."

"Why not? It's your marriage after all."

Mrs Kim rubs her now empty hands on her pyjamas, grimacing once before looking back at her son with a grin. When he doesn't answer and only gives her a death stare, she continues.

"She is the main character in this whole thing, which you already know right?"

Namjoon clenches his hands into a fist.

"I mean she is okay but I think you can find someone better. If not for the stupid deal, I wouldn't have to adjust in this small place."

"You should leave if you think the deal is stupid or this house is small."

Mrs Kim smirks, "Now where would the fun be there? I wouldn't get to see you so riled up for a girl anywhere else."

Promptly his mother stands up, a challenging look in her eyes.

"You didn't tell her, right? About the deal?" When Namjoon looks at her, stunned, Mrs Kim breaks into another grin. "Wow, you really didn't."

"Shut up-"

"You know Namjoon, it would hurt the poor girl if I tell her the truth. So if you want me to keep quiet for some days, you better start treating me with more respect."

Namjoon opens his mouth to retort but she raises an eyebrow, forcing him to close his mouth because she was right. He had plans to tell Sowon but at the right time and situation, not when everything was messy like this.

"See? It's not so hard to obey me." Mrs Kim shrugged.

"If you try anything funny I swear-"

"Then what? You can't even do anything except being stuck in the past and complain."

They stare at each other for a moment, in tense silence before Namjoon huffs out. He had enough for today.

"Get out. Now."

He expects his mother to retort back but she complies, walking towards the door with the same glare before she stops, hand on the doorknob.

"And remember this. If you can't fulfil the deal, then there are better candidates out there. I am sure you know what I mean by this."

With that, she leaves his room and Namjoon relaxes an iota.

The presence of his mother was now terrifying to the extent he had his guard up all the time. How dare she try to blackmail him? After all the sacrifices he had done to get so far, Namjoon could not let his mother ruin it.

He needed to find a way to fix this.

A/N: Guess who is back after 2 months of exams?