PART 12: The Lost Ones .6

Connor's P.O.V 

Well, that had been an unmitigated disaster.

Here I was thinking that I'd get my shot with Rebecca and instead she spent the whole day sobbing so hard she had lost her voice, and thrown up a few times. She even blamed me at one point.

I mean, I got that she was grieving but I had never seen someone grieve so violently before. Especially over someone who chose to leave.

Maybe she'd calm down in the morning? But honestly, after that display I wasn't certain I wanted to start something with someone who was clearly... unhinged.

There came a knock at my door in the early hours of the morning, somewhere between two and three. I had just fallen to sleep. My anxious brain had been kept up by my whirling thoughts and my desire to finish reading one of my books.

I never really locked my door, I never did in my old complex, so I wasn't used to doing it. Besides, I didn't really have anything worth stealing, no one else in the house liked the same stuff as me so I figured myself safe.

And tonight, it worked in my favour.

Without my prompting, without even waiting for me to give my okay, the door swung open on its own and someone slipped into my room.

For a second I was dumbfounded, because it was Rebecca heading quietly but quickly towards my bed. She was in this little nightie that couldn't have been keeping her warm. I tried to ask her what was happening but she sat herself down on the edge of my bed, took my face in her hands and kissed me.

This should have been my moment. This is what nerdy guys like me dreamed of. The pretty girl making the first move. I should have gone with it, I should have just let it happen...

"Wait... are you sure you want to do this?"

God, why did I open my big mouth?

Rebecca paused, tears welling up in her eyes. "You don't want me either?"

"No!" I near cried. "No, that's not... I just mean... Will just left you and I know you're really upset about that. I just meant, you know... maybe you don't want to move so quickly? I'm not going to make you, you know?"

Rebecca stared down at me, the light reflecting in her blue eyes. I had never thought her prettier.

"This is rebound sex, it's going to mean nothing."

Oh okay. Yeah I was good with that.

"Right, sure, okay, forget I said anything then."

She smiled that pretty predator like smile at me, produced a condom from god knows where, and from there I just let everything happen.

I even forgot about how unhinged she was. I just wanted to get laid, and I wanted her to be the one to lay me.

And I got what I wanted and then some.