4

Marinette POV:

I walked home that day feeling hurt that my "friends" didn't believe me over Lila and Chloe, but I accepted my fate. At least it meant not having to deal with Chloe every day. Wait. But that also means... Lila and Chloe will have more access to Adrien! He'll surely fall in love with one of them and end up dating them and marrying them and having a house a kid, no three, and a hamster, and I'll be all alone! This is my worst nightmare.

Just then people started throwing rotten vegetables and fruit at me and jeering at me. Saying how dare I stab Ladybug. That I was a terrible person and that I should leave Paris forever. I ignored them and walked into the bakery. I couldn't believe that Lila had spread that image all over the internet.

"Mom, Dad, I'm home."

"Now what is the meaning of this Marinette?" My mom asked.

"Meaning of what mom?"

"Mr. Damocles called us and said that you have been harassing your classmates and now you've stabbed Ladybug?! I didn't raise you like this! I expected better from you Marinette!" My mom scolded me and started crying.

"Not you too! I promise you that picture is fake and Lila, Chloe, and Kagami were beating me up after school yesterday. I almost got akumatized yesterday because of them. If it hadn't been for Cat Noir yesterday, I'd probably have been an akuma victim. I almost got akumatized today too. Adrien helped me defy Shadow Moth and saved me from being akumatized. Now you two are believing Chloe, Lila, and Kagami over me too? Ugh. I can't believe this."

"Believe it Marinette. Now go to your room. You're grounded. Your friends can't come over, no video games, no cell phone, no nothing." My dad punished me.

"Fine. It's not like I even have friends anymore. Because they all believe Lila and the others over me. The only one that believes me is Adrien. No one else. You can be sure I won't be doing anything." I said as I ran up to my room.

I slammed my trapdoor closed and opened my purse. "Tikki, spots on!" I transformed and jumped to the Eiffel Tower. I may as well get a quick patrol in. Just in case Shadow Moth releases another akuma today.

After a while, I sat down on the Eiffel Tower and started crying. How had my life come to this? Then I heard a pair of soft paws landing behind me. "Hey, Cat." I sniffed.

"Milady. Are you okay? Why are you crying?"

"Oh. It's nothing." I said as I dried my eyes. "See? I'm fine."

"Come on bugaboo. You know you can tell me anything."

Fresh tears started flowing from my eyes and I just leaned into Cat's chest and cried. He whispered comforting things into my ear. Like that it was gonna be okay and things like that.

"Ladybug, do you think you can tell me what's going on?"

I shook my head. "I can't. It would reveal my personal life. You know we can't know each others' identities. It's too dangerous. I'm sorry Cat. But this is the way it has to be."

"I understand bugaboo. Just know that I'm here for you if you ever need to talk about anything."

"Thanks, Kitty. I'll keep that in mind."

He kissed my hand and leaped home. I leaped home too. Marinette is still grounded.