2

Adrien POV:

I was walking through the hallway toward the doors to get to the car when I heard three voices laughing in the bathroom.

"Look at Mari-Trash."

"I know. Who thought Dupain-lame would be here?"

"The only reason she's here is because she's been kicked out of every other school in Paris."

"Ugh. What do you three want?" A fourth girl asked. Marinette?

"For you to stop existing." One of the voices said.

"For you to end up friendless and alone." A second followed.

"For Adrien to be mine." A third finished.

"Uh... Excuse me?! Adrien won't be yours, loser. He'll be mine." The first retaliated.

"No. He'll be mine!" The second yelled.

Soon the three of them started bickering about who I would end up with between the three of them.

"Where do you think you're going Marinette? The fun is only starting." A voice said. I think this girl was the ringleader. I heard Marinette being thrown into the wall of the bathroom. I heard Marinette groaning as they kept hurting her. I ran into the boys' bathroom to transform.

"Plagg, I think Marinette is being hurt. We need to make sure she's safe and doesn't get akumatized."

"Cheese first."

"No time. Plagg, claws out!" I quickly transformed and ran out of the school onto the rooftop to make sure everything was alright.

I watched as Marinette ran out of the school in tears towards her house. Suddenly I saw a purple butterfly flying behind her. She noticed it too and ran. I had to use my cataclysm to destroy it. I didn't have a choice. Ladybug wasn't here and I had to protect Marinette from Shadow Moth's power.

"CATACLYSM!"

I grabbed the akuma in my hand and destroyed it.

"C... Cat Noir? What are you doing here?" She asked me.

"Adrien told me that he thought he heard some girls picking on you. I knew there would be a chance that Shadow Moth would send out an akuma. I ran out here as fast as I could and saw the akuma flying behind you. I couldn't let you be akumatized Marinette. You're too good of a person." I explained.

She broke down into fresh tears and leaned into his chest. I wrapped my arms around her and whispered comforting things into her ear. She pulled away after a couple of minutes.

"Thank you Cat Noir. You saved me." She said as I wiped a stray tear from her cheek.

"I'm just doing my job Marinette. But, tell me. What happened?" I asked her with a concerned look in my eyes.

You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Try me."

She took a deep breath. "There are these three girls at my school. They love to make my life miserable. They usually only hurt me with their words. But now they've moved on to hurting me physically. Today, I got thrown against a wall, punched in the gut, slapped across the cheek, kicked in the shins, and kicked in the stomach." She explained

My eyes widened. "Oh my gosh. Marinette, I'm so sorry. I had no idea."

"The worst part is," She continued. "Is that my best friend doesn't believe me. She thinks I'm crazy. She believes the lies that those three girls spread about themselves. Especially Lila. She's always lying. She always tries to turn my friends against me. And it seems to be working now."

I wrapped my arms around her again and she buried her head into my chest. "I have no one." She said in between sobs.

"That's not true, princess. You have me and you have Adrien. I'm sure we can get something figured out. In the meantime, try not to let them get to you. And if they hurt you again, tell Adrien. He'll tell me and I'll talk to them. If they don't listen we'll talk to your principal about what's going on."

"I appreciate the thought Cat Noir, but I don't think the principal would believe us over Lila and the others. Especially since one of them is the mayor's daughter. Chloe. And then there's Kagami. Her family is rich and influential. A lot like the Agreste family."

"I had no idea that they were the ones involved. I'll talk to Adrien and figure out a plan." I said.

My ring beeped. "Thank you Cat Noir. I'll try to be careful but I don't know how much longer you'll be in your superhero form." She giggled.

"Thanks for the reminder Marinette. And remember, you can come to me and you can go to Adrien if you ever need help." I said.

She nodded.

"Well, I better split. You wouldn't be able to resist me in my civilian form. I'm sure we'll meet again." I said. I extended my staff and leaped away. I had to get home. I knew my father would be furious that I didn't come home when I was supposed to. It's hard being the son of a cold-hearted father. Ever since my mom disappeared he's been distant and forcing me to do things that I don't want to do. But that's my life.

I quietly snuck into my room and detransformed.

"Claws in." I said and turned back into Adrien. Then I heard a knock at the door.

I thought I had to be quiet but the words "Come in" escaped my lips.

Then my father came in. Oh no.

"Adrien? Where have you been? You didn't come home with your driver after school."

"I'm sorry father. I told him to go home without me because I wanted to walk home and take the scenic route. I didn't want to get into trouble so I came in the back way."

"Well, I'm very disappointed in you Adrien. You're grounded for a month. You will not attend school for a week. You'll be homeschooled with Nathalie during that time. You must come home immediately every day and continue your regular schedule. Am I understood?"

"Yes, father." I said and looked down at my shoes.

He nodded and left.

I flopped back on my bed. Getting into trouble was worth it. I saved Marinette from being akumatized and now I knew that she's being hurt by Kagami, Lila, and Chloe. All I had to do was come up with a plan to deal with it. I'll have to talk to Marinette first. I'll tell her that Cat Noir told me about her situation. In case she asks how I know about that. She's a good friend. I can't let her be bullied and harmed like this. I need to come up with a plan.