Ross Imagine - Zoe

I kept anxiously looking at the clock, counting down the minutes until my shift was over and I could finally go home, wanting nothing more than to go to sleep after this long week I’ve had.  School has been a stressful pain in the ass and the last thing I wanted to do on my Friday night was get called in to work at the restaurant.   

I glanced over at the door as I hear it open followed by a loud chatter of multiple conversations.  I groan at the large size of the party, knowing that it’ll probably end up being my job to wait on them.  The hostess leads them over to three separate tables which get pushed together to fit their party of eleven.  

“All yours,” the hostess whispers to me as she walks past.  I sigh and plaster a fake smile on my face before walking over to the table, notepad out, ready to take their orders.  

“Good evening, I’m Zoe and I will be your server for the night.  Can I start you all of with something to drink?” I ask, finally looking up and right into a familiar, gorgeous pair of brown eyes that seem to be watching me just as intently.  

I refocus my attention as the people start rattling off what they’d like to drink and I scratch their choices down hurriedly, finally landing on the boy who was watching me.  We just stare at each other again and it’s as if everything else simply melts away and we are the only two left in the restaurant.  

Someone clears their throat bringing us back to reality as the boy orders his drink and I rush off to get them.  

“You okay, Zoe?” one of my fellow employees asks.  “You look a bit flushed,” he states.

“No, yeah, I’m fine.  I’m fine,” I say.  He doesn’t seem to believe me as he looks at my face again and then back at the table I had just walked away from.  

“Ah, I see,” he laughs and shakes his head.  “That guy is hard-core crushing on you.”

“What?” I ask, leaning around the corner to find the blond boy still watching me.  I quickly hide myself again, feeling my cheeks grow red again.  “He is not crushing on me,” I mumble.  

“Ha, yeah, right,” he says, walking off.  I try to keep my cool as I deliver the drinks to the large party and take their orders for their food, handing it off to the people in the kitchen.  With their being a bit of a lull in the crowd I hang out in the back of the restaurant, waiting for the kitchen to finish cooking the meals but my mind keeps wandering.  

I couldn’t help but feel as if this was destiny.  As if this whole week was just preparing me and leading up for his moment.  This moment when my favorite band walks through those doors and I have this opportunity.  Never did I expect Ross off all members of the band to be “crushing on me” as my friend had put it earlier.  There’s no way Ross would find me attractive, I think to myself.  As my mind plays over everything that has happened, I don’t even notice the boy who has approached me and is now standing beside me.  

“Hi,” he says, looking over at me.  

“Hi,” I reply, making eye contact with Ross Lynch.  

“I’m sorry about what happened at the table earlier, I just…I couldn’t keep my eyes off you!  You’re a very beautiful girl, Zoe,” he says.  

“I – thank you!” I finally say.  “You’re not too bad yourself,” I cheekily add and am about to kick myself for saying something so stupid but when Ross laughs I forget all about it.  

“What time does your shift end at?” he asks me.  

“In about an hour.”

“Perfect!  If I hang here until then, would you want to go out with me tonight?”