61 | him, her, & the moon

Start from the beginning

she looked at the two pre-teens. "you kids can go watch telly or something until i'm done, 'kay?"

ymari just shrugged and walked into the living room, still in her uniform and plopped onto the fluffy couch. she turned the television on to a random anime channel that wasn't playing the series she was currently watching.

her eyes remained on the television, watching the show she could be less interested in.

terushima followed suit, picking up his bag from the floor as he too sat on the sofa opposite hers.

"ano.." he started. "sorry for the intrusion."

ymari didn't even spare him a glance, muttering, "don't. obaasan is overbearing, it's not your fault."

ymari assumes that her aunt was probably just going to keep the boy here for a bit more chit-chat, before driving the boy home. it was what she did with the twins often, so doing it with another classmate of hers wasn't going to be impossible.

"ah.. hai."

minutes later, the older woman went inside the lounge room as well, with her phone now in her hand. she looked at terushima, "do you have your mom's phone number memorized?"

the boy looked up at her. "oh-uh, yeah."

ymari narrowed her eyes on the television, not liking how this conversation was going.

"you see, i opened the local news on my phone a few minutes ago, and it seems the thunderstorm won't be stopping anytime soon.." her aunt stated, looking at terushima.

"i insist that you stay here for your safety."

seinaru only clicked her tongue and looked out the window- sure enough, another loud clap of thunder and lighting resonated throughout the night sky, joining the heavy downpour of rain.

it seems her aunt wasn't making this up to get her more friends.

that's a first.

terushima was about to protest, because he could already see the disapproval on seinaru's face even before she actually expressed it. "i can walk-"

"just stay here." seinaru stopped him from continuing his sentence, standing and going upstairs. "i'll go prepare your room."

terushima gaped at her retreating figure. he looked at the other seinaru who just looked at her niece, amused.

"type in your mom's number for me would ya'?"

after a few minutes of talking to the boy's mother, it was official. he was sleeping over.

sana glanced at the boy, "say, yuuji. why were you with ymari today?"

"i want the truth, 'kay?" the woman added.

the boy looked at her, "the truth? uh.. seinaru-san already said the truth."

"i feel like there's something else she's not telling me." the aunt prodded. "care to tell me the entire story?"

and so terushima told her everything that happened from yesterday morning, until now.

"she asked you to strip and then ironed your clothes?" the woman cackled.

terushima burned bright red, not knowing why the woman was laughing. "um, yes."

"oh god this is rich!" she laughed. she then settled down, wiping her happy tears off her cheeks.

"it seems i don't have to worry too much after all."

terushima looked at her in curiosity, but the woman just smiled at him as she stood up to leave.