Vol. 1: Chapter 7.2 - Limits

Începe de la început

When Sensei blew his whistle for the second round, Onodera took the lead by a landslide. She wasn't kidding with her words earlier.

"26.02 seconds for the first place and 30.75 seconds for the second place. Amazing results for the two of you," said Sensei. Onodera convincingly took first place with Horikita in second place. They were then followed by Matsushita and Kushida.

"Alright boys, line up! Get four asses in here!" called Higashiyama-sensei.

"I kinda don't want to swim yet..." I said with a tired expression.

"Hah? Are you pussying out, Ayanokouji? C'mon, let's do it right on the get-go!" Sudou implored.

However, before my decision could change, four boys were already in position.

"Kyah~! Go, Hirata-kun!"

"Hirata-kun, you can do it!" The girls' cheers rang, whether it's by the pool's edge or on the observation deck.

"Tch! I'll definitely show Hirata what's up when it's my turn!" Ike and Yamauchi grumbled.

"Heh, I'll beat Hirata once I get there," Sudou said confidently.

Hirata was not just a pretty boy. He was also well-built. His figure was probably the ideal one for a high school boy.

"Alright, ready!" Sensei yelled before blowing the whistle.

Hirata dove perfectly as his body cut through the water. He effortlessly swam across with speed, placing him ahead on the first round, with Minami following behind.

"Alright! It's our turn, Ayanokouji!" Sudou slapped my back. That hurt, you know?

"Fine..." Since it's just the preliminary round, I guess I can take it easy. I won't let Sudou take first place that easily though.

"Geh-! Sudou?! Nevermind, I'm dodging this round!" Ike backed off along with Yamauchi.

"Ayanokouji-kun, Sudou-kun, do your best!" Somehow, a lot of the girls cheered for us much like they did for Hirata. In my periphery, I can see Ike, Yamauchi, and some of the boys glaring at us with envious eyes.

"Ready!" And Sensei blows the whistle.

Water splashed as the five of us dove in. I wasn't perfectly used to moving my body at this point in time, but the comforting sensation of the water helped stabilize my form.

"Oh, incredible! 24.39 seconds for the first place and 25.12 seconds for the second place!" Sensei announced with vigor.

"Kyah~! What was that? That was amazing!"

"Ayanokouji-kun was super fast!"

"He looked so cool~!" Well, I finished first in our round with Sudou closely coming in second.

"What the hell was that, Ayanokouji?!" Sudou yelled at me.

"That was a close one, Sudou. Nice fight." I replied with a thumbs-up.

"Nice fight my ass! I expected you to be fast, but not that fast!" Sudou continued with a pissed expression.

"You can always get revenge on the final round. We're both in the top two, remember?" I said, holding out my fist.

"Tch, I'll destroy you next time," Sudou replied with a determined smile, bumping his fist against my own.

While the gymnasium was filled with the girls' cheering voices (for me), Horikita briskly walked in my direction. She finally stopped after arriving right in front of me.

"Is something wrong?" I asked, facing her terrifying glare.

"What was that?" she asked.

"What do you mean "What was that"?" I threw the question back at her.