12

'Well...looks like I'll be third wheeling alone tonight,' he thought to himself as he cracked a small smile.

Time Skip (20 minutes)

Jungkook POV

We had only been at the restaurant for a short time, but I could tell that they were all really close friends. The waiter seated us in a large green booth towards the back. Tae hyung was on my left side and he was sitting next to Hobi hyung, who had Yoongi hyung on his left, while Namjoon hyung and his boyfriend Jin hyung were on the opposite side of Jiminie hyung. I was squished in the middle, but I didn't mind it so much since my cute co-worker was right beside me.

Jiminie hyung always looked really animated when he talked, so I couldn't help but smile to myself as I listened to him. He was discussing how a few of the tv hosts at the station could become 'divas' when it came to their style of makeup. My eyes lowered to his plump lips subconsciously, as they usually did whenever he was talking. It was like they hypnotized me to the point where I wasn't able to concentrate on anything else.

A slight nudge on my side caused me to glance to my left, but I quickly looked down bashfully when I saw Tae hyung's knowing grin. I clutched my hands in my lap as I took in a shaky breath. My heartbeat was racing as I thought about our earlier conversation. I could tell that Tae hyung knew what I was thinking when I heard him chuckle softly beside me. I tried to ignore him as I focused on Jiminie hyung's voice again, but he just leaned in closer.

"You are totally gushing. It's cute~," he whispered. My face flushed pink at his words and I could feel the tips of my ears heating up under his watchful gaze as I looked away flustered.

"Is there something you'd like to share with the rest of the group, Taetae?" Jiminie hyung asked as he furrowed his brows, his gaze shifting back and forth between myself and my desk mate. He had been in the middle of explaining something when he turned his attention on us. I gulped as I saw everyone's eyes looking at us, waiting for an answer.

"No, I was just telling Jungkook an inside joke..." he replied as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "Isn't that right JK?" I tensed up as I hesitantly met Jiminie hyung's hazel eyes.

"R-right..." I mumbled as I glanced at the table cloth, praying that my evil hyung would quit teasing me. There was a long awkward pause after I spoke and I could feel Jiminie hyung's eyes boring into me. But I purposely avoided his gaze, worried that I could possibly embarrass myself further.

"So...you were about to tell us about your trip next week Jimin-ah," Namjoon hyung cut in as he cleared his throat. I breathed a sigh of relief when all their attention shifted away from me.

"Um, y-yeah. My, uh, my b-boss wants me to go with him on a business trip to Busan. We have an annual convention with all the local television stations in South Korea. H-he'll need me to do makeup for the select hosts that will be attending..." Jiminie hyung shared as he swept back his red bangs. "...plus he is like a total amateur when it comes to reading maps and schedules," he giggled as he covered his mouth with his hand.

We all laughed along with him and I suddenly felt very fortunate about my seating placement. It gave me the chance to catch a rare glimpse of his bare laugh, my lips curving into a small smile at the sight. My cute co-worker suddenly turned to me and our eyes met briefly. I felt the butterflies in my stomach flutter around wildly at his undivided attention, but we were interrupted by the waiter coming back over to our table with our food. The young man expertly recalled each person's dish as he set them in front of us.

"And last but not least...one Jjajangmyeon for the cutie in the middle," he winked as he handed me my plate. I blinked up at him a few times with a stunned expression before I shyly bowed my head. "Is there anything else I can get for you?"