9

Time skip (15 minutes)

Jimin POV

As soon as we got back to the television station, I offered to walk Jungkook back to his desk. We got in the elevator, others crowding into the tight space after their lunch break as well. My gaze wandered to Jungkook's doe eyes briefly before we got slightly separated. With fifteen people squeezing in, it's no wonder how I ended up being crammed into the back corner.

Due to my height it was relatively easy for everyone to push me aside, almost like they didn't notice my presence at all. With my blocked vision I only managed to catch a glimpse of Jungkook's brown fluffy hair a couple of feet away from me. I puffed out my cheeks in annoyance as one of the taller gentleman took a few steps back to accommodate one more employee, his actions causing me to get pressed up against the wall.

I started to panic slightly, my acute claustrophobia kicking in when I heard the doors close. I quickly closed my eyes as I tried to calm my nerves, hoping that a good chunk of people would get off soon. My heart began to palpitate and I could feel sweat drip down my back as the elevator lifted off the ground. All around me there were sounds coming from cell phones, co-workers talking amongst themselves, and faint music coming from someone wearing earbuds.

As I grew more anxious, my mind attempted to drown them out, only my rapid heartbeat and short breaths echoing in my ears. I knew that it was only a matter of time before I broke down as I tried to will myself to think of something else. Right when I was on the verge of having a panic attack, a hand reached out and held mine. A breathy gasp slipped past my lips at the sudden touch as my eyes fluttered open.

The first thing I noticed was that I finally had some room, the tightness in my chest disappearing as I breathed a sigh of relief. I stood frozen for a few moments as I attempted to calm my nerves before my eyes lowered to the large hand laced with mine. The mystery man squeezed my hand gently as I internally keened at the sweet gesture. Just by looking at the long, slender fingers I knew exactly who it was but I raised my gaze anyways to make sure my mind wasn't playing tricks on me.

'So it really is you,' I thought to myself.

I was met with Jungkook's big eyes staring down at me worriedly as he chewed on his lower lip. He had somehow made his way over to me and was using his body to shield me from the crowd, our bodies facing one another. I felt my heart flutter a bit from his unwavering gaze and I hoped that he couldn't tell how much he was affecting me with his closeness. His hand was incredibly warm and slightly sweaty, but I didn't mind it at all. The softness of his large palm was comforting, it reminded me of the feeling I get when I hold a baby. And while I think Jungkook is cute his other body parts tell me that he is far from a baby...

"A-are you okay, Jiminie h-hyung?" he stuttered cutely, my eyes taking in his flushed cheeks.

"Y-yeah, much better now, Jungkookie," I answered with a smile. "Was I that obvious?" I questioned shyly as I used my free hand brush back my bangs.

"N-no. I'm just- uh...I'm r-really conscious of these k-kind of things," he chuckled and I couldn't help but laugh a little too.

"Well, thank you for rescuing me. I could barely breathe," I stated with a chagrined smile, my gaze dropping to the floor.

"You're, um, welcome. You've h-helped m-me a lot so..." his words trailed off as I peeked up at him through my eyelashes, biting back a grin at his adorable stutter.

Our moment was interrupted by the sound of the elevator doors opening, nearly half of our co-workers getting off on the 5th floor. Everyone else in the elevator began shifting around with an inaudible sigh, relieved to have more space to themselves. We both adjusted our position as well so that we were towards the front of the elevator now. I forced myself not to pout when he finally let go of my hand, my fingers missing his warmth instantly.