10

Time Skip (2 hours)

Jungkook POV

Over the next couple of hours, I busied myself with next month's project while I thought about my lunch with Jimin. It was so nice to just sit down and listen to him talk. Plus I got to meet his mother who was just as kind and bubbly as he was. A smile crept onto my face when I remembered how he had walked me back to the intern common office.

He had looked surprised when Tae hyung told him everyone was staring at him which was a relief since that told me he wasn't an attention seeker. It had been irksome though when literally every other intern was staring at him. I mean... I know he is like incredibly handsome, but you don't have to gawk at him so openly.

Not that I can really talk I guess...

"Hey, Jungkook-ah!"

I snapped out of my thoughts at the sound of my desk mate calling me. I scooted my chair over so that I could get a clear view of his face, my head jerking back slightly when I realized he was already staring at me with wide expectant eyes.

"W-what is it Tae hyung?" I questioned unsurely.

"Would you like to go out to dinner with me tonight?!" he proposed with a grin.

"Huh?" That was the best answer my mind could muster as I sat there trying to decipher what he was asking.

Did he just ask me out? Or is he just being a good hyung?

"I said do you want to go out to dinner with me?" Taehyung hyung repeated with a chuckle. "Me and a few of my friends are going out and I thought you might like to join us."

"O-oh!" I breathed out, relieved that he was just asking to be nice. "Uh, thanks for the offer, but I'm not sure if I would be able to make it."

"Oh. Do you have plans?"

"Sort of. I mean I was going to work late and get ahead on the next project," I explained as I rubbed my neck shyly.

"The next project?! You mean you already finished the one for this month?!" he shouted in surprise.

"Well...a-actually I meant the one for next, next month..."

"Bro, you have got to live a little!"

"But I enjoy what I do."

"I get that, but it's okay to take a break every once in a while," Tae hyung insisted as he tilted his head in concern. "Come on just join us. We're going to a nice restaurant and then afterwards we plan to stop by a bowling alley. It'll be fun!"

"Thanks, but I wouldn't want to intrude," I mumbled with a strained smile, feeling anxious about hanging out with strangers.

"Aww, okay if you're sure. The offer still stands though. I'm sure Jimin hyung wouldn't mind if you came along though," Tae assured, my mixed emotions making me miss his subtle cheeky smile.

"Thanks, but I don't really- wait. Y-you mean Jiminie hyung will be there?"

"Well yeah. But it's cool. I totally get it if you'd be too uncomfortable-"

"NO!" I exclaimed, my cheeks tinting a dark hue of pink when I realized how loudly I had said that. My hyung looked like he was on the verge of laughing as I ducked my head to avoid the judgmental stares of our fellow interns. "I...er, I m-mean it's okay as l-long as I know at least two of the people," I mumbled shyly.

"So you're saying you'll go?!" he asked with a wide smile. I nodded my head slowly as I sat up in my seat, still feeling somewhat self-conscious about my outburst moments ago.