4

Time Skip (45 minutes)

Jungkook POV

The whole time we were listening in on the meeting, Jimin would lean over and quietly explain things to me. Although most of the time I was focusing on his lips, his words being lost on my ears. All at once I heard the men bring up the promo, making my heart rate increase for a completely different reason now.

"Alright, gentlemen shall we move onto the promo video?" Damien asked with a forced smile as he glanced at the camera that was responsible for broadcasting to our monitor. I subconsciously balled my hands into fists as they flipped to the final slide with the link and thumbnail for my video.

This was it...the moment I had been waiting for since I walked out of the conference room.

As soon as Damien clicked on the video I found myself gripping my pants with my right hand while the other was against my mouth, my teeth nervously chewing away at my already short fingernails. I flinched when I felt a hand over my own, immediately glancing down to see Jimin's hand holding mine and I met his comforting gaze.

"It'll be great..." he mouthed with a wink as he gave my hand a squeeze. I offered a small smile in return as I relaxed slightly, watching my video on the big screen intently along with everyone else.

The video began with some epic music that had been featured on K-Pop Jamz a few times and was evidently produced by Namjoon hyung. Then the screen went black before numerous clips from our different shows filled the empty space one by one, scattering the square dimensions until the video was overlapping with them. Suddenly it cut to a video that I had recorded during my first week on the job when I decided to goof around with the camera my older brother bought me as a gift for getting the internship. I had walked around and captured the hosts preparing and setting up for their shows or recording live, but instead of the audio I replaced it with a feel-good song by the music group BTS called 'Paradise.' It allowed everyone to see the behind the scenes aspects of our network and portrayed them in a more candid light.

I bit my bottom lip as I watched the video move onto various other networks highlighting or covering some recent famous moments that we aired on our channel. The video lasted a total of 4 minutes 25 seconds and at the end I put our social media accounts and network logo at the center along with our theme music playing in the background. There was a long silence as the lights were switched back on in the conference room and the business men turned to face one another again.

"I've never seen anything like this in all my years in TV business...who is responsible for this?" one of the men asked, his eyes accusingly staring at Damien who jumped at the unexpected question.

"Um...a-actually one of o-our interns in media/productions created this video, Mr. Choi."

"An intern?! Is that normal practice here?"

"Uh no, sir! We uh- this is our first time having an intern create it..."

"Where is this intern? I'd like to meet them," he questioned as he looked around the room. I felt my breath hitch as I stared at the person they called Mr. Choi. He was a short man with deep lines on his forehead (probably from frowning so much), thinning black hair with a noticeable bald spot at the back, and he wore a clean cut white suit and dark purple tie.

"M-Mr. Choi, sir...I-I don't know if that's-"

"I'd like to meet them now," he demanded with crossed arms and a stern look.

I gulped slowly and sunk down in my seat as I noticed people in the showing room staring and pointing at me, whispering to each other. My lower lip caught between my teeth as I nervously chewed on the skin. At that moment, I felt the walls start to cave in on me and it became hard to breathe.