[ 71 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚃𝚁𝙸𝙰𝙻𝚂 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝚁𝙰𝙽𝚂𝙵𝙾𝚁𝙼𝙰𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"Alright, we've failed this once already and it's February now." It's true, August wasn't able to go through their first trial as she vomited the Mandrake leaf with only four days to go till the next storm, "And with the help of many creatures and the movement of Pascal, I've found out that the next lightning storm is the sixteenth of March. Just a month and two days."

"Are we sure about this August? You're taste-buds won't be alright for another month, and you've already been looking quite sick." Sirius said looking at her with concern. 

"And that, Sirius, is why..." She said before climbing into the cupboard of room three two-seven, "I made this potion, if I can't keep food down, or simply cannot eat, it'll supply my body with enough natural nutrients and fiber's for two days, then it makes my body easier to eat the following day. In fact, I was hoping to use this also for you Moony, after I see how successful it is for myself."

"It's just so you can feel stronger after the process of the full moon." She said smiling at him.

"I'd really appreciate that, thank you." 

"Anything for our Moony." She smiled at the tall lanky teenager. Clapping her hands she looked at Peter who had the jar of Mandrake leaves that they collected the night before, "Alright." Walking over to the boy she gently took out a reasonably sized leaf and put it in between the gum of her teeth and her upper lip.

Immediately, a tingly feeling spread in her mouth and she felt a bitter flavor stick to her tongue. It was not a texture she missed. "Okay, you got this, Augs." Sirius said smiling at her. 

"Just don't get sick. And take extra care of yourself this month." James said looking at her and she smiled.

"Why do you have a book on creatures and their languages? Specifically Merpeople and Centaurs?" Peter bleeped out at her.

"Oh, Professor Kettleburn likes the way I write out some of my essays, so he's asked me to do two extra essays on them. Except studying the language of them, I'm hoping he'll give me extra credit and house credits as well."

"Way to go, August!" James cheered for her. Giving him a warm smile, August looked out at the courtyard where she  saw Lily, Marlene and Alice all laughing in the courtyard.

"Let's have a picnic down near the lake tomorrow." 

"What?" They all said in sync. All having a plastered confused and shocked expression in their voice and on their face.

"Come on! When was the last time all of us hung out!" She said quickly, "You's are gonna go, whether you like it or not."

"Fine." James groaned before sighing. "Is this a picnic where we're suppose to look good or just be normal."

"Mate, Lily will be there, you're gonna try and look good either way." Sirius said wrapping an arm around her shoulder and gave a cheeky laugh.

"He has a point, you know." August said smiling, "But yes, come and look good, I want photos." 

"Oh come on! You always do!" Peter said groaning.

"Yes, well, in ten years time, I can show all of our kids what we all looked like and how amazing we all were! Plus, the memories they all hold are always amazing." She said smiling.

"You've always liked to find the positives in the moments, haven't you?" Remus said smiling at her.

It was a question that didn't need to be answered, everyone knew that all too well. August knew that someone or something has a positive and negative, so why look at the negative until you need to, everyone deserves a chance to show that they are good, don't they?

Just some people don't know how to use the good. They devour everything with the bad and the negative. And that is exactly what was happening outside of the School of Magic.