[ 29 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝙼𝙸𝚁𝚁𝙾𝚁 𝚃𝙰𝙻𝙺

 ┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

A loud snap was heard as the two appeared in front of the great big brick mansion. August tried to present herself in front of her mother that she was relieved to be home, so instead she stepped forward. "Pluto! Neptune!" The woman barked from behind her as they walked towards the house.

August's face dropped at the woman's yells echoed around the large property, but August's eyes lit up as she saw the two elves. "Take August's trunks to her room. Then begin making lunch!" She barked at the two elves. 

The two rushed to her things before snapping their fingers and appearing in her room. 

August ignored her mothers conversation with the elves and just walked forwards. Opening the door, she smiled softly up at the painting next to the stair cases that led up. Her father stood behind a boy in his teenage years, the woman stood tall with her dark curly-brown hair sitting nicely on her shoulder. In her arms was a baby, with bright blonde hair. Beautiful baby blue eyes and a big grin on her lips as she stared up at her father, only a few months old.

Taking her cloak off gently and placing it on the coat hanger, she begun making her way up the stairs. Passing the door of her older brothers, a few more doors and paintings, saying hello, occasionally looking up at the paintings of ships in the open seas that moved with elegance. The wind brushing through many meadows with dandelions swaying from side to side in an endless loop.

She stopped in front of the door which had flowers carved in the door for detail. Slowly, she turned the knob and entered. Softly smiling at the many pictures of Hogwarts, books scattered in the room which she knew would be getting a change within her time back home. 

Closing the door behind her, she smiled at the room and opened the curtains and before opening the curtains. A small breeze entering the room, allowing the curtains on her bed post to flow with ease. 

It had been months since she last stood in there, and shew could tell how much younger she seemed. There were smaller books scattered, mostly ones about witches and wizards adventures, and she knew how much her taste in books changed. 

She adjusted a picture of her brother and father that sat on her bedside table, admiring it for a moment before pulling Aspen from her bag. The cat roaming in the room before lying on her specially custom made bed. The custom bed having pathways wrapping all around her room, the cat's own personal jungle gym.

She sat down on her king size bed and just looked out the window in front of her, taking in the gardens out front. However, she knew she'd have to leave the room soon. 

Placing her trunks in the corner of her room, which she knew her mother would want in their laundromat so she could replace her clothes, coats and more. But she knew it'd make her life easier, so she dragged them to the room and left them resting there.

Quickly, she changed into a dress that seemed more homey, before walking towards the dinning room. Her mother sitting at the table, engrossed in many books, all subjected around balls and events. 

August sat the opposite head of the table, eating the meal that was at the table. "August, dear?"

Swallowing the small bite from the sandwich, she looked up at her mother. "Yes, mother?"

"Do you have any requests for the ball? Friends?" She asked her softly, and her eyes immediately shifted to the group of girls and Marauders.

"Actually, now that you mention it. Yes, there are some people." She said smiling at her food as she thought of her friends, but thought it was safer to only invite the pureblooded friends. "The Potter family, Pettigrew, Longbottom's and the Diggory's." She said softly, her mother clenched her jaw slightly which August noticed very clearly.

"I'll see what I can do." She said with a blank look before writing down the names. August taking a few more bites before looking up at her mother. Pomona feeling the staring, her hand kept scribbling things down as she spoke, voice a void of emotion, "You're staring, dear."

"I was thinking... perhaps I could help you decorate the ballroom? My decorating skills are much better than the girls in my dorm." She said trying to make her voice lace with coldness as she spoke.

"Of course." She smiling at the girl. The girl smiled softly before pushing the plate away, standing up and leaving her plates on the table which Demetri took, August walked up to the room which held the piano.

Entering the room with the door open, she looked down at the piano with a small smile. It had been a week since she last played the instrument, so she was slightly relieved to see that she had two weeks (apart from Ball preparations and the Ball) off.

Sitting behind the grand instrument, she smiled softly before opening the lid with grace. Her finger pressed a key, then the next, creating the rhythm and melody to echo around the home. 

Standing by the door, the woman smiled softly, noting that August had yet to meet Marius Pucey. Her soon to be husband.

Walburga and Orion Black gave their eldest son a hell of a lecture. Their eldest boy dreading the night, but what he didn't know. Was that when August and him had hugged, she placed a small piece of something extremely valuable.

And he didn't find it until he was looking through his trunk for a book or his sketching pad, but instead he found the small hand mirror. Looking into it, instead of seeing his reflection. He saw a white and light blue themed room. 

Silk being on the four post curtains, velvet for the blanket. A sofa in one corner of the room, a desk in another, many candles and shelves and books stacked all the way to where he presumed the shelf met the wall. 

Curiously, the boy tried to look around, until he saw some of the blonde hair near the floor. Moving around where he heard shuffling and thuds. "Hello?"

The blonde's head snapped up and a smile was clear on her lips. "August!" He said excited to see his friend.

"Hi!" She said smiling at the boy, "How are you doing so far?"

"I'm so bored! But I've already received a lecture from my dear parents."

"Well, isn't that sweet." She said sarcastically smiling at the boy. "I though the two way mirror would be a good idea. Seeing as we're both in dreadful environments, why not make it easier and converse like this and keep one another company?"

"You're too smart." He said softly which she smiled proudly.

"What were you doing?" She asked him as she bent down to adjust some of the books she read as a child, placing them into boxes.

"I was looking for something to do." He chuckled. "What about you?"

"Sorting my books." She said grinning up at him. "Oh, yes, might I just add, your manners today were beautiful."

"Thanks."