[ 37 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝙷𝙰𝙽𝙳-𝙼𝙰𝙳𝙴

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

SUGGESTED SONG: Lights Up, Harry Styles.

"August!" Lily squealed as she walked up towards August hiding the box behind her back. It had been two weeks since arriving back to Hogwarts and she still hadn't had the time to give her the gift she was most excited for.

Lily thought it was a good idea to add some extra things, the girls also putting some things into it, during the time August ran off to who knows where. Slowly and curiously, August turned around. Her eyes lighting up at the sight of an excited yet nervous red-head, "Lils, is there an issue?"

"Oh, no, no, no. It's alright, I just- just thought I should give you this." Lily said grinning before holding a small box wrapped up in wrapping-paper covered in Christmas themed decorations.

"This isn't from James or Sirius, is it?" August nervously chuckled as she eyed around the area, the box and Lily. "Or are you on Polyjuice and you're secretly one of them?"

"Just look inside!" Lily chuckled as she encouraged the girl. "The girls and I have been putting some extra stuff together, actually... in fact, Alice made something that'd go with it quite well. All in the box."

"Okay..." August nervously said before gently taking the wrapping off, surprisingly, the box didn't explode. "Okay, well this is a positive thing." Giggling, she opened the rest where she saw a pair of pure white ballet slippers and some silky material beneath it. But her eyes didn't leave the slippers until she noticed they were becoming blurry. Giggles escaped her lips as she gently placed the box on the bench that was to her side before embracing Lily tightly, muttering over a thousand thank you's

"It's alright." Lily giggled as she hugged her back. Slowly, August let go and the two smiled at one another before Lily began to join August in giggling as she noticed the tears rolling down her cheeks. "There's more than just the slippers."

Curiously, August turned and moved the silky ballet slippers to the side of the box before pulling out the silk material. A tight-fitting silk bodice that she could see just by looking at it, would fit her perfectly. The skirt flowed to where she assumed to be above her knees, something she knew that many ballet performers wore. The entire ballet costume having small white lace features sewn into the fabric. All hand done by August's friends.

"Thi-This is beautiful." August said smiling as she looked up, "And Alice made this?"

"Well, we all had a say." Lily said sitting down. August sat down beside her, gently placing the new things into the box. "Marlene did a sketch of the dress, I decided on colours and slippers and Alice made it. Her mum taught her how to make them."

"Well, if I ever get married, you'll all be designing my dresses and definitely be my bridesmaids." August said grinning at her friend. 

"Aw, August." Lily said grinning with a tint of red on her cheeks, "I can see it already! We'll have you in a beautiful white dress. One that flows out, like you're a princes- no! A queen... although you are one. And you're make-up! It'll be stunning! And your hair will be pinned up perfectly!" 

"I'm sure Alice will manage with the stitching." August chuckled before noticing her other room mates. "Oh my merlin's beard! Come here!" She squeezed the two tightly, both girls rather confused. "Thank you both so much! Alice, the hand-craft stitching is beautifully done! And my gosh, Marls, did you really have the idea of the costume-"