[ 05 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓ 

 ┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓ 

𝚀𝚄𝙴𝚂𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽𝚂 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙷𝙰𝙻𝙻

 ┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

The following day, August walked by herself towards Transfiguration for period one. With the Ravenclaw's. A soft hum behind her sealed lips as she walked through the castle. Just like days before, she was humming the soft tunes, her feet at a steady pace with the uniform keeping her warm.

Summer was coming to an end and  Autumn was arriving, she could feel the temperature dropping. Slightly excited for Winter because of the snow, then she wasn't due to the coldness the castle would have. 

Her hand reached towards the Transfiguration door and pushed open the door. Only a few students had gathered, a small amount of them being Gryffindor's. She shyly made her way in, almost hiding in a corner as she pulled her books, quill and ink pot from her bag. Her Transfiguration opening, she instantly smelt the fresh parchment. 

"Excuse me?" She whisper-yelled to a Ravenclaw student who was on the opposite side of the rows. "Do you know the date?"

"September twenty-second." The Ravenclaw boy said sheepishly before looking away, August writing the date in her book as more students walked in.

None of them sitting beside August.

At first, when nobody would sit next to her she use to be upset about this, but now, after being at Hogwarts for almost a whole month, she became use to it. Spending her spare time alone roaming the castle or in the room she had discovered. Occasionally in the library.

But as Professor McGonagall walked in and started giving them the lesson on how to turn a magpie into a goblet, August was reminded again of the day she was caught in the southern side of the castle. "No, Mr. Longbottom, like so." The woman said trying to hide her laugh as she showed the boy the hand-movements again.

"Professor, why is the southern side of the castle under construction?" August blurted out silencing the class.

"I'm sorry, Miss Gaunt?" She said glancing at the girl who's ears were turning red in embarrassment. 

"The southern side... of the castle. Why is it under construction?" August said, her voice faltering as she saw the amount of eyes staring. "It's just out of curiosity, I am not seeking anything."

"Well, I assure you, Miss Gaunt, there is nothing there to be found." Professor McGonagall said to the girl who was quick to be taken back. She had become so fond of the room she started to say it was hers, the comment had hurt her. "But the southern side of the castle will be used for prefects in the future."

"The entire side?" She quickly asked. The Professor then squinted her eyes at the girl before walking forward to the girl and whispering quiet enough for the girl to hear.

"That hallway you were in, will not be used. For anything, dear." August was relieved to hear the words. Instantly straightened in her seat and smiled at the professor. 

"Vera Verto." The goblet shook giving the girl hope but it remained as a magpie. Frowning a bit before trying once again.