[ 25 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓ 

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓ 

𝙽𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙴𝙴𝙽 𝙱𝙴𝙵𝙾𝚁𝙴

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

SUGGESTED SONG: If I die young, Michael Henry and Justin Robinett:

The following morning, August woke up with a groan and pain in her rib. Looking down, she felt an elbow digging into her rib. Looking up at the clock that hung above the fireplace, she sighed seeing that it was only six am. However, she took a deep breath before shoving the boy off the couch.

Sirius landed on his stomach, the thud making the other three Marauders awake in an alert. "What the hell was that for!"

"You were hurting me!" August yelled back at the boy, standing up as he did too. "And you were elbowing me!"

"Doesn't mean you need to shove me off the couch!"

"Then don't elbow me!" 

"I didn't put it there!"

"You could've at least keep it away from me!"

"Mr. Black! Miss Gaunt! Do be quiet, you babbling baboons!" The two looked up to see Professor McGonagall standing there, in her dressing robe with a very tired yet stern emotion on her face. 

"Were we just insulted by a teacher?" Sirius asked August in a whisper as the woman slowly walked forward, rubbing her temple.

"Won't be your first time." August whispered before sheepishly smiling at the head of their house. "Good morning, Professor, I like your rob-"

"Detention."

"Oh great- thanks Sirius." August said looking up at the boy who only looked down at her with a very offended face.

"Me? You were the one that pushed me off!"

"And you were the one to start yelling!"

"Because you push-"

"All five of you. Detention."

"What?" The other three Marauders said rather loudly as they stared at the woman in shock.

"Professor, the boys didn't do anything." August said stepping forward and pointing to the three, "It was Sirius and I- mostly Sirius. But they didn't do anything."

"And that's the thing. They didn't do anything." She said before turning away, leaving the group alone in the common room in silence.

"I'm so sorry." August whispered to the three, Remus looked defeated, Peter looked tired but slightly annoyed and James just seemed like he was ready to fall asleep but still rather annoyed. "Not to you, though." She said pointing up at Sirius.