Chapter 17

Piper

The following days were rough, Nico came back and updated us on everything that had happened. I laid in bed at the camp, the highlight of my time spent there was during the shift change for the guards or when someone would visit me. I could literally feel my brain cells dying.

On the 4th day, I received a doctors appointment. They checked my stomach -or should I say Chris- all was well. I would be due in about 2 1/2 months or so. Assuming Jason stops the end of the world, everything will go back to normal and we will be fine.

As I laid in my bed, wasting away, I had plenty of time to collect my thoughts. This also of course, allowed me plenty of time to think of all the aweful things my husband is going through while I was treated like a queen which was, as you could imagine, not very pleasent. To add to the long list of horrible things bouncing around in my head, all I could think of was Chris inside of me at all times.

I was offered lots of distractions, everyone knew of my 'condition' and if I were to stress over my idiot of a husband to much, I could cause harm to Chris.

Still, all things considered, everything was going slendid. No one was dead yet, which, for a demigod, is fairly surprising and cause for a celebration.

"When are you leaving?" I asked as Hazel walked in. "Hi, nice to see you too, I'm great thanks for asking" she said rolling her eyes. "Sorry" I muttered. Hazel laughed quietly then sat down on the bed next to me.

"Tomorrow, around noon" she said with a soft smile. The remaining of the 7 will be starting their part of the journey tomorrow. They will travel to Greece and meet Jason, Chris, Percy and Reyna at the gates of Tartarus. The hope was, they get there to keep the monsters at bay long enough for the 4 already in Tartarus to escape then seal the doors completely.

I nodded, and then the thoughts re-entered my brain. I have gotten into the habit of counting hours and days in my head. I have 20 hours until the only people in this cursed camp to occupy me are Sally Jackson (who will be watching Zoe and Charlie), Chiron, Nico and Rachel. Everyone else, off to actually do something.

"Are you sure you don't want to go to the party tonight?" said Hazel. I rolled my eyes. Tonight, the whole camp is going to have a party, it is supposively to wish those off to fight good luck but in reality, its just going to be a bunch of drunk people getting all their "silliness" out before they have to magically turn into highly trained, serious, soldiers over-night.

Frankly, the whole thing was stupid but everyone wanted me to go. #1, I am on bedrest so someone will have to wheel me around. #2, the reason I'm on bedrest in the first place is because I'm pregnant so I can't even get drunk. What would I do at such an event?

"Hell no, I have a new episode of Doctor Who and a big ass jar of Nutella with my name on it" I said, taking a sip of my coffee.

Hazel gave me a look. "What? Its not like I could actually do anything, I'm pregnant" I said glaring at her. Hazel sighed and took my hand. "Come on, it'll be fun. You should cut loose, let go of that stress, you know, for the baby" she said with a devilish smile.

I pursed my lips. Did she really have to drop the "its for the baby"? That was just down-right dirty. "I'll think about it, but if I go, you are rolling me around" I said. Hazel squealed like a middle-school girl; I just groaned. 

~several nutella filled hours later~

"Hazel, are we sure this is a good idea, I could just walk, its not that big a deal" I said from the top of the stairs. "Its fine, I called Leo, he is on his way" said Hazel.