Chapter 21

Zhan sat on the sofa where Yibo had instructed him to be. He felt so awkward yet happy at the same time. He sat there eyes staring at wherever they would land until someone called him.

"Gege," a feminine voice called out, it was Rong'er. "Y-Yes?" Zhan can't help but stutter. He was feeling awkward since he just talked, face to face with the woman who acted lovey-dovey with Yibo earlier, making him feel uneasy.

"I just finished preparing your room," said Rong'er while smiling towards Zhan and Zhan seeing this couldn't help but smile back because it was what good people do. Noticing the silence that engulfed them, Rong'er decided to speak to Zhan and broke the silence, "I'll show it to you," she motioned Zhan to stand up which Zhan immediately did and followed Rong'er as she headed to the stairs and climbed their way up.

When they arrived at the room where Zhan will stay, Rong'er proudly opened the door and at the time when Zhan saw the inside, he was beyond amazed. It was clean and the furniture in it was arranged neatly. The walls were white in colour and it suited Zhan's taste, a queen-sized bed was placed near the window which made Zhan love the room more and what's surprising is that the clothes were already filled with clothes.  Rong'er who noticed this came up with an explanation, "uhm, we had that in-store in case a visitor comes," she said but it was obvious to Zhan that the girl was lying but he let her be because he will ask Yibo when he meets him. 

"Okay," Zhan gave Rong'er his brightest smile and proceeded to sit on the bed. "Since gege is now settled, I will leave you be," said Rong'er before she left Xiao Zhan alone. When Rong'er disappeared, Zhan laid himself on the bed and let himself relax. To be honest, Zhan had suffered a lot in the past few days, after remembering his past with Yibo, his breakdown and Haoxuan slandering him, giving him pressure and also making him even more guilty.

"Hah, life was indeed not easy for the past few days," he sighed and covered his eyes with his arm as his mind drifted away and came back with the thought of Yibo kissing Rong'er. Oh, how it hurt Zhan so bad that he just wanted to run to Yibo and kiss him passionately and tell him that he remembers everything but he refrained from doing so since now was not the right time.

"Ah, I feel hungry," Zhan changed his current position as he felt his tummy grumble because of hunger. "I wonder if they already ate?" he asked himself as he stood up and opened the door only to be greeted by voices downstairs. Because of his curiosity, he went near the stairs and decided to eavesdrop.

"Rong'er, until when do I have to do this?"

Zhan could hear Yibo's voice, he was pleading about something. Now even more curious, he leaned his head so that he could hear their conversation well. 

"Until when I say so Yibo-gege, you can't let him know about our relationship,"

Hearing this made Zhan overthink things. He slowly backed himself away from them and went back into his room. Upon closing his door, he accidentally slammed it hard. He closed his eyes, expecting that someone might barge into his room because of the sudden slamming but no, no one came. This made Zhan's mood even worse, he was now sure that Yibo indeed is in a relationship with Rong'er and that there's nothing he could do except accepting the fact that Yibo already found his happiness and that was not him anymore.

Zhan ignored his stomach asking for food and decided to just sleep, hoping that it would wash the sadness away. After all, this is the first and the last time that he'll ever sleep in this comfy room because he needs to leave in the morning if he doesn't want his poor heart to suffer anymore. 

***

When the people downstairs heard the slamming of the door, both immediately stood up and climbed upstairs quietly to see if Zhan was still there and to their relief, he was not there. But their panic came back when the thought crossed their mind that maybe Zhan heard their conversation, and the slamming of the door was because of Zhan going back inside his room, "Yibo-gege, did Zhan-gege hear our conversation right now?" Rong'er turned to ask Yibo who was also in a state of panic, "I-I don't know Rong'er," was the only reply that Yibo gave to Rong'er.

"Oh my God, I think we messed up," said Rong'er as she bit her fingernails thinking that she messed up, big time.

***

Later that evening, Yibo came inside Xiao Zhan's room quietly as he could so that he would not wake up the older because if that would happen then chaos would soon follow as it could lead to many misunderstandings.

When Yibo successfully closed the door without any complications, he stepped quietly and stopped at Zhan's side. He then sat where Zhan is facing, he stared lovingly at his face and blurted, "Zhan-ge, you don't know how happy I was when I saw your face at that time when you came here," Yibo said lovingly as he slowly stroked Zhan's face with his fingers, careful so that he'll not wake up his sleeping beauty.

"I am thankful, that even though you don't remember the memories we've created in the past, you still came back," said Yibo smiling, planting and soft yet long kiss at Xiao Zhan's forehead before making his way at the door sparing a glance at his beloved whose soft snores could be heard.

***

Morning came and Zhan had a good dream ever since he remembered it all. He did some stretching and took a bath before going downstairs. It was strange that the urge he had in him last night suddenly disappeared. 

He went to the kitchen where he saw a heart-wrenching scene, Yibo and Rong'er were sitting side by side and are feeding each other. As much as Zhan wanted to avoid this scene, he still forced himself to sit down because of his poor stomach that was growling non-stop since he wake up.

Rong'er who was feeding Yibo noticed Zhan sitting with a frown present on his face, this made her smile inside. "Oh Zhan-gege, you're already there, please...help yourself!" she said as she pushed some dishes in front of Zhan who took some, out on his plate then devoured it. Zhan was delighted at the breakfast but for some reason, the frown on his face didn't disappear. 

After eating, Zhan stood up first leaving the two there still acting lovey-dovey. He really can't take it anymore, the pain that seemed to disappear when he woke up suddenly came back when he saw the scene of Yibo acting lovey-dovey with Rong'er.

"Ahh, my heart can't take it anymore," he sobbed his heart out while washing his dishes and then ran back to his room after washing it and got his cellphone and wallet before he left. When he reached the door, he saw Yibo sitting in the living room alone. If he still had his goal then now would be the perfect time to do it but now he's forcing himself to be happy for Yibo.

"Zhan, where are you going?" Yibo suddenly asked Zhan which made him stop in his tracks but he still kept quiet. "Zhan?" Yibo called out once again while Zhan just kept quiet and let his tears stream down as he took a step, followed by another until he disappeared from the house. 

While running away, Xiao Zhan bumped into someone, it was Yilan!

"Gege? What are you doing here?" Yilan asked Xiao Zhan frantically while Xiao Zhan just smiled and then wiped his tears before telling something to the girl, "I wanted to tell him that I remember it all now...but he's happy so I should be happy for him that he finally found true happiness," Zhan cried again but this time, Yilan was there to comfort him. "Let it out, gege," Yilan said as she rubbed Xiao Zhan's back slowly.

Minutes passed, Xiao Zhan calmed down and talked with Yilan for a bit before bidding her goodbye. "I'll be on my way, Yilan. Thanks for accompanying me here, I really enjoyed your company," said Xiao Zhan one last time before he went on his way.

Yilan on the other hand was crying, not because she's going to miss Xiao Zhan but because of something that she did to Xiao Zhan that she came to regret badly.

"Zhan-gege," she sniffed but composed herself, after all, she still has to notify the other party about what just happened. She took her Iphone 13 from her pocket and called someone.

"Jie, we messed up."

------------------
Not Edited
01/09/22

[I was really busy yesterday so I didn't have time to make a chapter so here I am! making it up by publishing this chapter!]

Enjoy!