Chapter 16

Zhan arrived at his parents' house only to be greeted by his mother who had noticed Xiao Zhan with a blank expression plastered on his face. "What happened Zhan?" his mother asked him who was worried. Mrs. Xiao was expecting an answer but was only greeted with Xiao Zhan's emotionless eyes. Even though Zhan's mother wanted to force out the truth from her son, she just considered the fact that he needs space and that she could always ask him questions when he comes back in his normal state

Zhan on the other hand ignored her mother's question and looked straight into her eyes, he could see how worried his mother was but he was not in the mood to answer the question. Instead, he went back to his room and locked it before plopping himself unto his bed after watching Wei who now woke up.

"Ahhh," he covered his eyes with his arms when he remembered the scene of him and Suzhen under the tree.

---
"Zhan, let's break up," Suzhen said making Zhan quiet unable to know what he should feel right now. As part of him was happy and a little part of him was sad and wasn't affected at all, this was the reason why Zhan became quiet. He could not sort his emotions and feelings out.

"W-Why?" Zhan managed to ask out a question. Suzhen just smiled and answer his question with a smile plastered on her beautiful face.

"Because you weren't mine to begin with,"

Zhan became silent. He did not know what the woman meant so he could only look at her with confusion and a look that obviously demands answers. But Suzhen just chuckled at Xiao Zhan's look.

"You'll remember it all..." was the only answer Suzhen gave him regarding the topic, "...I hope that you'll not hate me for this," Suzhen sighed sadly. She had anticipated the Xiao Zhan will hate her when she breaks up with her. She can clearly remember the memory where Zhan woke up from his coma and it was her who stayed by his side at that moment, she was surprised when Xiao Zhan called her 'love'.

"No I won't," was what Xiao Zhan said, his feeling now coming to ashore, he was not angry at the girl for breaking up with him, he was rather relieved because of that and he still didn't know why.

"R-Really?" the girl stuttered, surprised at Xiao Zhan's answer. It was the complete opposite of what she just expected!

"Yeah...I don't know why but I'm relieved," Zhan scratched his head, unable to look at Suzhen because of the fact that he admitted of how relieved he was when the girl broke up with him.

'It seems that your mind still don't remember it but you're heart already does,' Suzhen thought.

"Oh, is that so," Suzhen nodded at Xiao Zhan who was worried about how Suzhen will feel.

'My job's now over,' Suzhen silently celebrated in her mind.

"Y-Yeah," after that answer, the atmosphere between them suddenly became awkward until Suzhen started talking, "so...are we now friends?"

Xiao Zhan immediately looked at the girl who was looking at a distance. "I-If that's fine with you," blurted Xiao Zhan while stuttering and to his surprise he suddenly felt warm. It was Suzhen who hugged him, "if that's what you want then so be it," the girl mumbled who still held the hug.

A minute passed but Suzhen still did not let go of the hug and the girl felt that Xiao Zhan was now uncomfortable, "one last minute, I still wanna hug you," Suzhen pleaded as memories rushed back to her. The memories she made with Xiao Zhan.

If others would see this scene they would compliment the two for having such an intimate relationship when in reality, they already ended it.