Chapter 14

When Xiao Zhan returned from the gala, he did not waste a second and called Wen Qing to ask for an extension of his break. Even though Wen Qing did not allow him at first, he pleaded to her saying that it also concerns his mental being and that he wants to visit his parents for the time being, Wen Qing was being skeptical and thankfully Zhan noticed this and assured her that he also did the same thing to the gallery. He knew that Wen Qing was overthinking over the matters because Xiao Zhan's love towards his job being a model and an actor was slowly disappearing, thanks to a certain someone. In the end, Wen Qing gave him an approval but he must return in two weeks time, Zhan who felt that he was given a blessing thanked Wen Qing so much that Wen Qing was now having second thoughts on doing whatever Zhan wanted or granting him permission.

"Ma, I really am alright," Xiao Zhan who kept assuring his worried mother stood up while holding Wei in his arms. "Ey, Zhan how can you be alright when you've clearly lost some weight," his mother said as he lifted up his shoulder's for her to show how skinny Zhan was. "Ma I promise you, I did not skip meals back when I was at the city," Zhan sighed at his stubborn mother who kept insisting at how skinny he was.

"Honey, if Zhan insisted it then let him be, he's not a baby anymore," Zhan's father finally butted into their conversation taking his son's side. "Aiya, he maybe not a baby anymore but he's our only son," said his mother and his father had a realization. 'She has a point,' said Zhan;s father in his mind.

"Then while Zhan is staying here, you can spoil him with lots of food alright? Just don't keep telling the boy that he's skinny," said Zhan's father before he returned to their living room picking up his newspaper and continued reading at where he stopped before. Before Zhan left to Beijing, their house was always like this, his mother being the one who always initiates the fights, him being the contender and his father being the mediator of the two. Despite at how Xiao Zhan's mother call him skinny or such things Zhan still loved her, after all she's the best mother that Zhan could ever have and the only one in the world.

"All right! I'll cook your favorite food Zhan, is Suzhen with you?" his mother asked while walking to the kitchen. "No but she'll come here tomorrow," said Zhan and his mother only nodded in response. Zhan went to his room and laid there while playing with Wei. Regarding Wei, the poor bunny was surprised at his new surroundings to the point where he clinged at Zhan all day never leaving his side. Zhan who saw this side of his bunny was amused, 'so he can be scared too,' Zhan thought that his Wei was the strong and mighty one, a bunny with no fears but he was wrong, the bunny gets scared so easily.

"Wei, you're okay now right?" Zhan asked the bunny and tried to separate himself from it. Thankfully, Wei got used to his new surroundings and started hopping around until he got used to it and hopped fast. Seeing this Zhan laughed and had the idea of going out since boredom was slowly occupying him. "Let's go Wei," he grabbed the bunny and changed it into his usual walk attire. 

After changing, Zhan went downstairs and still saw his mother at the kitchen, occupied while his father on the same spot since earlier, still reading the newspaper he bought in this morning. "Ma! Pa! I'll go out a bit," Zhan said and his mother only gave him a shout that she and his father approved. 

They walked around and Zhan indeed missed the feeling of his hometown. He remembered the first time when he went to Beijing and worked at the gallery, he suffered from homsickness making him file a day off at his first week. 'Oh how pathetic it was,' Zhan laughed at the memory.

"Zhan!" a sudden voice had called him. He turned to look at who it was and saw his friend, Mang Shi. "Shi!" he called back and walked to where his friend was. "How are you? It's been years since we last saw each other!" Mang Shi exclaimed making Zhan smile, " life's fine, I did many things and that's why I took a break from the both of them. It's been long since I came back here in Chonqing...you?"