113 | The Vixens

Start bij het begin

     "Hellcat!" Hans finally greets, and the seven members of Boys Next Door immediately stand to bow and greet the queen of J.S High.

     Cindy nods her head to acknowledge them. Unlike the time at the Mills party where she met up with Hans and Marcus, Cindy wasn't as delicate. She looked intimidating, and the grin on her face showed confidence and dominance, traits that made even Hans gulp.

     "So this is your brotherhood base," Cindy says as she looks around the large greenhouse.

     The greenhouse was big enough to accommodate all of the flowers that you could even think of, and in the middle of it was a living room area where the members hang out and hold casual meetings. On the side, there was even a training ground and a newly added shooting range. Not to compare but it looked way better than Jokers' or Cigarettes' base.

     "I don't want to sound rude, but what are you doing here?" Khian asks.

     Cindy, who was still busy looking around, doesn't even look at Khian as she answers, "I came here to invite Leigh to the Ms. Beauty & Brains ceremony tomorrow."

     "Oh, that's right. Your pageant is held in December," Hans states as he approaches Cindy. "I'm a bit jealous. We've been handling Mr. Brains & Brawn for years but why haven't you invited us yet?"

     Cindy chuckles and looks back at the duke. "As popular as you guys are here, my girls will go crazy if you visited our house. But if you insist, you can go with Max since you're the leader. I think that would be okay."

     "We're honored," Hans genuinely says even though he's the one who initially suggested it. "I'd actually love to go, but Arjun and I have a meeting to attend tomorrow. How about you choose from our other members instead?"

     Cindy nods her head and looks at the other members. She stares at a particular member for a couple of seconds longer, but she eventually looks away and points at a different duke instead. "Redford Monsour, I'd be delighted if you accompany Leigh at the ceremony tomorrow," Cindy says, and Red immediately bows and answers, "I would be honored."

     "That's settled then. Let me just send a message to my sisterhood and tell them where I am. They're actually here with me," Cindy reveals, surprising not only BND but Max as well because he thought Cindy went here alone.

     Cindy pulls out her phone to message her sisters. Max was about to say something, but then Marcus suddenly walks in front of Cindy. With all his courage, he tells her, "Can we talk?"

     Cindy removes his eyes from the screen to look at Marcus. The atmosphere instantly becomes awkward and tense, so Hans clears his throat and tells everyone, "Let's check the garden first to check if we left some things there."

     "But it's raining," Leo complains, but Hans just glares at him, so everyone was forced to leave, even Max who Khian had to drag away because he was so curious to know what his brother wanted to tell his childhood friend.

     When the two were finally alone, Cindy takes a deep breath and hides her phone away. She didn't say anything and just waited for Marcus to speak, so Marcus moves closer to Cindy and tells her, "I'm sorry."

     Everything was quiet except for the rain pouring down on the glass roof of the greenhouse. Cindy stares at Marcus for a while, but then the silence breaks when Cindy started to laugh.

     "Three years Marcus. You ignored what happened between us for three years, and the only thing you could tell me is I'm sorry?" Cindy asks, making Marcus look down on the floor so he wouldn't have to look directly at her eyes.