53

"How is it?" Lance questioned, breaking the long silence.

"The signal is too weak to reach anyone outside this planet," Keith explained as he fiddled with his communicator. He knew it wouldn't do much with the blizzard.

"What do we do now?" Lance pressed, trying to keep himself from shivering.

"Kolivan said he'd send a team to find us if there was a storm," What should I think? How should I act? Keith questioned himself silently as he turned his back to Lance. He grabbed the flask from his utility belt, beginning to unscrew the lid.

"Drinking during a mission? Really?" Lance questioned, causing Keith to flinch.

"One gulp won't kill you," Keith defensively said as he tucked the flask back into its pouch.

"Sorry, but I won't risk it. My life depends on you now, remember?" Lance glared at the other. "What's your name? I think Kolivan would like to hear about this,"

"Like hell, I would tell you!" Keith snapped. The shelter grew quiet except for the sound of the wind rattling past the door and around the building.

"Have we met before? You look familiar. I mean, the way you act and all," Lance said as he reached out to touch Keith's shoulder.

"All I know about you is that you are the red paladin," Keith murmured, his tone bleak and emotionless. 

"Everyone knows that..." Lance sighed as he pulled his away before he touched the other. There was a moment of silence before Keith spoke once more.

"I will continue trying to contact the outside," He mumbled, watching as Lance gave him a thumb's up. "It's getting colder..." Keith said, half to himself, as he leaned back against the wall. It was cold before, but now it felt like the wind was nipping at his skin. Lance pulled out the blanket he always kept in his suit and stared at Keith.

"I-It's alright. I don't need it. I'm not that cold," Keith said as he noticed Lance staring at him. Lance didn't break his gaze at Keith, waiting for him to take up the offer.

"Just... Ugh!" Keith huffed before wrapping the blanket around the two of them. Lance sat there for a moment before giving Keith the rest of the blanket.

"Do you know anyone in the blade named Keith?" Lanced asked after a  while.

"Yeah, I know him," Keith mumbled, not looking up from the floor.

"Is he alright?"

"...Yeah. Yeah, Keith is,"

"Glad to know. Thanks" Lance smiled softly to himself, thinking of his omega.

"What is he to you?" Keith questioned as he snuggled further into the fabric that surrounded him.

"Rival, best friend, boyfriend. The person I see my future with," Lance smiled for a moment before the expression faded. "I'm scared that one day I will become a terrible person and hurt him... I think he must hate me now and think I gave up on us just like everyone else who betrayed him," Lance continued, "I'm scared of doing anything but, I'm sick of doing nothing. That's why I went on this mission," Lance let out a sigh as he rested his head back against the wall. "I still can't do anything right... What a loser. I don't even if Keith even liked me in the first place," Lance allowed his shoulders to drop.

"Maybe it's because he is also a loser," Keith began, his masked face mostly hidden by the blanket. "Keith also wants to see you and run his ass back into your arms or whatever. He's too much of a coward to do that... Constantly shifting between being angry at you and wanting to see you. What a loser, both him and you," Keith scoffed, not looking over at Lance.

Bam! A loud crash on the top of the shelter startled the two. There was a gigantic dent in the ceiling from whatever had hit the room. The roof creaked as Keith picked Lance up from the floor and began to run out of the open doors. Keith looked back as he ran. He stopped as he spotted what had landed on the shelter. A massive beast looked at them from where it stood. It was much bigger than most of the ships the blade owned.

"What the-?" Keith began before being cut off by Lance.

"Don't ask, just run!" Lance commanded before Keith began to run once more. The ice cracked and fractured beneath Keith's feet, causing the shorter male to stumble.

"Lance!" Keith called out as he watched Lance sink below the icy water. Lance could feel his lungs filling with water as he gasped for air. Was this the end? Lance questioned as his vision grew dark, as he sunk deeper into the cold darkness. My pups... My mate... Lance thought as he slowly faded into darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry for being gone for so long. motivation likes to disappear sometimes. no only that but I was on a holiday break for like two weeks and didnt have motivation to do much.

-discontinued-