29

"I-I'm so, so sorry..." Keith choked out, burying his face in Lance's shoulder. The omega's tears began to soak through Lance's shirt. "Kitten... It's all alright now," Lance reassured, holding Keith close to him. "Both you and our pups are alright, and that's all that matters,"Keith nodded, sniffling as he cuddled further into his alpha. "Just relax, Kitten. You don't need to worry anymore," Lance murmured, continuing to hold Keith. The alpha continued to whisper sweet nothings to his lover until Keith was fast asleep. Lance pulled the blankets over Keith, allowing the omega to rest while he went to have his injuries treated by Coran. "Hey, Coran, do you think you could check me for any injuries?" Lance asked, sighing as he sat down on one of the beds."Of course, number three," Coran said, coming over to the Cuban boy. He scanned Lance for injuries before speaking again."Looks like you're all good to go," The older male said, patting Lance's shoulder. Lance nodded, standing up and stretching."Well, I better get back to Keith. So, he doesn't freak out if he wakes up, and I'm not there," Lance chuckled softly. "Thanks, Coran,""What are you thanking me for?" Coran asked, looking over at the brunette."I dunno," Lance shrugged. "A lot of things, I guess," The alpha then shoved his hands into his pockets and walked out of the med bay.Walking down the hall, Lance smiled to himself. He unlocked a room and entered. This room was twice the size of the other bedrooms, a perfect fit for a nursery. Lance had been setting the room up in secret to surprise Keith. A queen-sized bed lay in the center of the room, with its headboard pressed against the back wall. To the left, there were two cribs, one for each of the pups. Against the right wall, there was a dresser. The dresser was empty as their things still needed to be moved in. Lance grabbed a box off the floor and placed it next to the bed. He pulled out periwinkle satin sheets and began to make the bed. Lance grabbed a couple pillows from the closet and set them at the head of the bed. Taking a step back, Lance looked around the room with a smile. Everything was in place and ready to surprise the pregnant omega. Locking the door to the bedroom, Lance returned to his omega. "Kitten, I'm back," Lance said softly, entering the room. Looking around, Lance found Keith still fast asleep in bed. Smiling, Lance wandered over to the bed and climbed in next to Keith. Keith began to stir, his eyes fluttering open to see his alpha. "Hey, Lancey," Keith croaked out, clinging to Lance's shirt. "Hey, Kitten," Lance cooed, grinning at the omega. "I have a surprise for you," The alpha spoke in a low voice as he stroked Keith's hair. Keith perked up, looking into Lance's eyes. "A surprise? For me?" Keith questioned, furrowing his brows. "Is it a good surprise or a bad kind of one?" "Don't worry, Kitten, it's a good one," Lance chuckled, kissing Keith's forehead. "Do you want to see your surprise?" Keith nodded and sat up quickly, letting out a groan as he did so."Be careful, Kitten. The pups are going to be here any day now," Lance said, rubbing Keith's belly gently. The omega nodded, a soft noise escaping his throat as he leaned into his alpha's touch. Lance smiled, picking Keith up off the bed."Read for your surprise?" Lance asked, watching as the blushing omega nodded. Smiling, Lance set Keith on the floor and led him out of the room. Lance held Keith's hand as they walked down the halls and to the nursery. "It's not finished yet," Lance said as he unlocked the door, "but I figured, since we're having twins, we need a bigger bedroom," Lance opened the door, revealing the mostly set up bedroom. Keith's eyes widened as the door opened. Taking a step into the room, Keith smiled."Do you like it?" Lance asked, following behind the omega. Keith turned around, hugging Lance tightly."I love it, Lance," Keith murmured, burying his face in the alpha's shoulder. Lance smiled, hugging his omega back and kissing the top of Keith's head. "I still need to move our things in. Do you wanna help me or wait in here?" Lance asked, rubbing Keith's back. "I can get the things from the bathroom. They shouldn't be too heavy," Keith said, looking up at Lance, a smile on the omega's lips. "Alright, just don't overwork yourself, Kitten," Lance said, kissing Keith's forehead. "I won't," Keith said, standing on his tiptoes to kiss Lance's lips. Lance kissed back, locking his lips with Keith's. Keith took a box back to their old room and began to gather the things from the bathroom. Pill bottles, toiletries, shower things, Lance's skincare things. Keith grabbed all that was in the bathroom before returning to the bedroom. Carrying the box was a struggle as Keith's pregnant belly kept getting in the way. Eventually, Keith made it back to the new bedroom. He entered the bathroom and placed his and Lance's things in places Keith thought they should go. Once finished, Keith exited the room, only to be stopped by Lance."You should lay down for a bit, Kitten. Let your body rest," Lance said, guiding Keith back into the bedroom. "I don't wanna lay down, Lance," Keith huffed, crossing his arms."Well, then at least sit down for a bit," Lance sighed, frowning. Keith looked away from Lance, reluctantly sitting down on the bed. Staring at the floor, Keith hugged himself."Kitten, I'm not mad at you. I'm just worried. I don't want you to get overworked or hurt," Lance sighed, sitting down next to Keith. "I want you to be safe," He murmured, rubbing the omega's back. Keith pulled away, huffing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oop I accidentally wrote 1000 words instead of 800