What Mikey meant

After Hina slapped Mikey, she ran. She didn't know where to, she was just running. She didn't know why she did that, yes what he said was fucked up and she hated him for it but, she wasn't scared that he'd hurt her...so why was she running?

Eventually she ended up in front of a convenience store, she went inside and started looking around for what she would want as a snack, she didn't care that she had dried tears on her face, that she was still beat up from the incident at school. She didn't care.

That is until she saw Kazutora, he stared at her. He looked pissed, very mad. She was a little scared, he was just standing there with his bag of whatever he bought. This seemed to cause a slight commotion in the store. Everyone was staring at them.
______

"Hinata, why were you crying? You look like your heart was broken recently..." He was obviously worried, they were sitting on a bench by the store. That sentence almost made her cry again.

She held back more tears and said, "I did. The guy I like said 'Sometimes I wish we never met' and I slapped him and said 'I can't fucking believe I like you, bastard'...."

Kazutora watched her in awe. "Ehhhh? Is that right? Good going Hinata!" He was impressed, Hina just put her head down and ignored him.

"Kazutora-Kun...what do I do? Do you know what it's like to like someone so much it physically hurts?" She asked, to which he sighed.

He patted her head and responded, "I don't Hinata, I don't know what it's feels like to like someone. But I know that I love you, you're like a sister to me, so whoever did this to you, can I hurt him?" He said, with a psychotic smile.

Though it sounds weird, that made her really happy. She doesn't have any older siblings, and she takes care of Naoto alot so it feels nice to be able to depend on someone for once. Who knew Kazutora Hanemiya would be that someone?

As a reply, Hina hugged him. He hugged her back, glad to know she felt the same.

"Kazutora-Kun, I'm sorry but you can't beat him up. And don't ask Takemichi-Kun who it was, he doesn't know." She said, to which he frowned.
______

Mikey had just finished his talk with Takemichi, so he decided to go back home...or not. Hina may have told Emma what he said. No because he would've gotten a call from her. So it was safe after all.

When he got home, he got off his motorcycle and parked it in the garage. He decided to tell Emma everything, and what he actually meant to tell Hina.

She was disappointed, apparently he meant to say, 'Sometimes I wish we never met because now I like you so much I don't know what to do.' But he got scared and stopped less than halfway through.

After Mikey told Emma everything, she gave him advice. But then made fun of him after.

"How did you get Hina-Chan to slap you twice in less than a year?!" She was laughing so hard she was holding her stomach. He wasn't happy with this so, he decided to make some dinner.

At least she gave me some advice before teasing me, Mikey thought.
______

"Better now?" Kazutora asked, walking Hina home. He mainly wanted to see Rascal.

She nodded and thanked him for helping her, he was a good person. It was just his mental state wasn't the best.

"I heard it's going to rain hard for the next few days, do you want to stay over for a while? Mom wanted me to ask." Hina asked, she was kind of worried about him. She didn't need him collapsing.

Kazutora shook his head then stopped, "Well actually..." He trailed off. I do have to be in good shape for whatever Valhalla wants to do, most likely fight Toman. He thought, then smirked slightly.

He continued. "Maybe I should, are you I won't be bothering your parents?" He asked, with a slight tilt of the head, his earring ringing.

Hina shook her head, "No, they told me to ask you, they like you, you know? They're worried." She said, Kazutora's eyes widened.

Worried...about me. He thought.
______

Hina opened the door, "I'm home" she saw Naoto and Rascal run up to the door.

Kazutora's eyes lit up as soon as he saw Rascal. He picked him up and hugged him immediately, making Hina and Naoto smile.

Hina's mother came over to the door, "Eh..Hinata why are home s- What happened to your face?!?" She was panicked, Kazutora and Hina tried to calm her down but weren't successful.

After a while of explaining and convincing, Hina's mother let it go. She then asked, "So Kazutora, have you finally agreed to stay with us?" He nodded and she was delighted.

Naoto was a little nervous, he would have Kazutora Hanemiya, a suicidal, mentally strained, strong, scary, older guy bunking with him in his room. No debate allowed.

But, he knew Kazutora wouldn't hurt him so he lost his nervousness.

It was already 9:43, Hina and Naoto usually prepared their things for school at this time, but they had to teach Kazutora about what they did on school night and weekends, it would be the weekend soon after all. It was thursday.
______

After all the kids finally showered and prepared everything, it was 11:17. Kazutora was laying on a mattress beside Naotos bed.

The younger one spoke up, "I'm sorry if the mattress is uncomfortable for you, Kazutora-San..." to that, Kazutora rolled over and smiled at him.

"It's better than the solid ground, so don't worry." He looked like he could fall asleep at any moment so Naoto decided to say goodnight at this point, he stopped when Kazutora spoke again.

He looked up at the ceiling, "Naoto, I'm thankful towards your family for this. I've been sleeping in an alley for a while now, I was ready to kill myself at any moment...but when I learned that Hinata wasn't scared of me..it made me realize what family is. It doesn't matter if you're blood related or not, different skin tones, races, cultures, at the end of the day, we're all people. We need each other. And I finally found a family that I can rely and depend on. I may not be related to you guys, but I think of you as my family. So thank you, I'll try to be a good big brother to you and Hinata, okay?"

Kazutora looked back at Naoto, he saw his shocked face and smiled. This may have only been their second time meeting but, he already loved him, just like he loved Hina. They really felt like siblings to him. Like what a real family is supposed to be like.

Kazutora was extremely thankful that he got to experience this in his life, which my be ending soon. He was sure it would, what he didn't know was that the future holds many surprises.
______

A/N

Hello, I start school again tomorrow. I'm mad about it but I'll live. Anyway I didn't really know what to do and this is the best I could think of so, I hope you enjoyed!