How you know

Mikey turned to the twins, who were on the right side of him, Smiley beside him, Angry beside Smiley.

"How would I know..?" He trailed off for a second, "If I like Hina, how would I know?"
He asked, smiley having a smug look.

"Well, first, when you look at her does your heart race?" Smiley asked, putting his arm around Mikeys shoulders.

He nodded, causing Smiley to smirk.

"When she smiles, do you feel a warm fuzzy feeling in your stomach?"

Mikey thought for a second, then nodded again. This time, surprisingly causing Angry to look a little happy.

"Do you get jealous when she mentions other guys, or did you get jealous when she told you Souya and I were with her?" Mikeys eyes widened, how did Smiley know that?

Mikey verbally replied this time.

"Yeah..I did." Was all he said.

Smiley got serious, almost straight-face.

"And finally, do you feel the need to protect her even if she's not in that much danger?"

Mikey nodded once more, realizing what this meant. "So I really do like her..." he mumbled.

Then he remembered something, shit.

"She's Takemitchys ex-girlfriend, it's wrong of me to like her, as his friend." He said, looking at both of the Kawata twins.

Angry spoke this time, "But they didn't end on a bad note, they're still close friends, he'd understand and wouldn't hate you. You just have to see how she feels now."

Smiley took his arm away from Mikey's shoulders. "Souya's right. Takemitchy would probably support you, others might think it's odd but if he thinks that you would both be happy that way, he would be okay with it. That's really all he wants, everyone to be happy."

Smiley and Angry suddenly stopped, they had arrived home.

"Well, I hope you figure it all out, Mikey." Smiley said as he turned back to him, and have him a fist bump.

"See you later, man." He nudged Angry a little and whispered; "Say bye Souya"

Souya is honestly adorable, Mikey thought to himself.

"Bye Mikey, see you later." Angry said, kind of shyly. To which Mikey smiled, a real smile.

"See you two later." Mikey said as he waved, starting to walk down the road. Until he overheard Angry say something.

Angry tried to whisper to Smiley, but he wasn't that successful. He said; "Nahoya, I think Mikey is pretty cool to be honest...and after everything he deserves to be happy with Tachi-Chan. Don't you think?" He turned to his brother.

Smiley nodded, "I also think that, Souya. They both deserve each other."

Mikey held a small smile to himself, one of the reasons I like the twins, they're kind as hell but would kill you in a heartbeat. Well, Nahoya would. Maybe provoke Souya a bit. He thought to himself.
_____________

"Emma, I'm home." Mikey said as he entered the house.

"I'm in the living room, Mikey!" She yelled from a distance.

Mikey took off his shoes (not flip flops or sandals for once) and went to the living room, to see Emma in in the recliner.

Emma sighed looking kind of sad

"What's wrong?" Mikey asked her, sitting on the couch, next to the chair.

"I just can't believe it's already been 2 weeks since Hina and Takemichi broke up." She looked at her slightly older brother, with sad eyes.

He looked back at her and explained, "It's what Hinata wanted, and Takemitchy didn't want to make her unhappy by forcing her into staying with him. There's nothing we can do." He stated simply

"I know, Mikey bu-" She looked at him with slightly wide eyes, confusing him.

"Emma..?" He said, to be interrupted.

"Since when did you ever call her 'Hinata'? You've always called her Hina. Did something happen?" She asked a little worried if her bestfriend and brother fought.

Mikey had a little pink tint on his cheeks, barely noticable to the normal person, but Emma saw it anyway.

"I wouldn't say something happened, I would say...I discovered something." He said, looking at her again.

Emma gasped loudly, having a feeling she knew what it was.

"Mikey...do you..like Hina?" She hesitated in the question, she had never known Mikey to have feelings for anyone before. This was a new topic for them, usually he was teasing her about Draken but now, the tables have turned.

Mikey nodded, before Emma could say anything more, he told her how he found out he liked her.
____________

"So you found out about your own feelings towards Hina, from Smiley? Mikeyyyyy how did you not know?!" She said, sounding scolding.

Mikey slightly raised his arms in surrender, "I've never liked anyone before, how was I supposed to know?" He said, Emma becoming more disappointed in him by the second.

"After everything I've told you about my feelings for Draken, and you couldn't apply that to yourself for Hina?? Mikey, be honest with me, you're stupid, aren't you?" Emma asked, crushing her brothers ego.

This. Bitch. (Mikey)

"Well, whatever. Your secret is safe with me! ...and Smiley and Angry." She said standing up, smiling.

Mikey smiled to himself, I'm lucky to have you, Emma.

"Oh, by the way Ken-Chin is staying over tonight. He'll be here around 8." Mikey said standing up as well

"Perfect, it's 7:23 and I was just about to make dinner!" Emma said while walking to the kitchen.

"You didn't eat yet?" He asked.

Emma shook her and tilted it a bit. "I always wait for you to get home, I don't want you to have cold food! And if I don't make dinner while you're here you might skip it, like last time." She got out a pan and a pot, preparing to make the food.

Mikey slightly frowned, "but there are days when I don't come home, do you skip meals waiting for me?"

Emma fell silent for a moment, then nodded. "I know that grandpa lives with us too but he's barely ever here, and the nights you don't come home I'm all alone. I just feel sad eating by myself, Mikey. That's why I wait for you everyday." She said, turning on the stove, hearing him walk into the kitchen.

Mikey furrowed his brows at her words, not in anger, but sadness. "Emma, I don't want you to miss meals either. You're younger than me, even though it's not by much. If I'm not home by 9pm, then go ahead and make dinner for yourself, and grandpa too if he's home. You don't always have to wait." He said, moments after, he received a hug from her, one of their bonding moments that they didn't get to have often anymore.

"Okay Mikey, but what do you want me to do on the days that I'm with you and Draken? Not eat?" She asked, breaking away from the hug.

Mikey thought for a second then replied, "Drag us to a restaurant or convenience store and force us to eat with you."

Emma was more than happy with his answer and started cooking.

It was a good night in the Sano house.
___________

A/N

That's the end of the chapter, Mikey realized his feelings and had a bonding moment with his little sister. Ik the chapter wasn't really focused on Hina and Mikey, but we needed some development people.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

(I probably won't do many A/Ns later on)