Don't be a Jerk Pt. 2

TW:Death, Murder, Sexual Themes, Mentions of Suicide.

Fucking Canada. Achilles was tired and wanted nothing more than to sleep. To sleep in the same bed as Patroclus. To keep him warm with his arms around his waist and his hands on his belly.

The same hands he had killed a man with.

Patroclus shifted in his seat and blinked his eyes open "Are we there yet?"

Achilles smiled "No but we're close. Also I hope you have your passport." Achilles had forgotten that they had to go through legal procedures to go into Canada. He had forgotten all about the law.

Patroclus pated his pocket "Yeah, yeah I have it in my wallet. What about you? Do you have your passport?"

Achilles nodded "It's in my wallet too."

There was a silence between them, the silence of the dead body in the trunk.

The silence was later tainted by Patroclus anxious thoughts.

"What if we get caught? What if they want to check the trunk?" Achilles hadn't thought about that. It hadn't even slightly crossed his mind. Patroclus worried for the both of them, and Achilles was reckless for the both of them.

"Then I'll say the truth. That it was just me and I forced you to help me."

Patroclus rolled his eyes "But this is my car, and I won't let you take the blame. I'll say that we both killed him, that we both took equal part in the murder. That it was preplanned."

Achilles stiffened "No." his voice was stern.

"What do you mean no? Do you want to be put in prison? You would never see me again! I would never get to see you again!" Patroclus had tears in his eyes.

"Look Pat this is my problem. I killed him I go to prison."

"What do you mean this is YOUR problem?! This is also MY problem! If it wasn't my problem then I wouldn't be in this car on my way to fucking Canada!" Patroclus had tears streaming down his face.

Achilles pulled over onto the side of the road "listen Pat, I would LOVE for you to join me in the hell hole that is the Canadian prison system, BUT you ARE completely innocent in this. I killed the man! ME! I'm the crazy psycho bitch that pulled the trigger. NOW I'm not saying that if we where to get caught the court would go easy on you, but I am saying that if we where to get caught I would do EVERYTHING in my power to make sure you don't end up in prison or jail or anything."

Patroclus was sad, and he had his big puppy eyes that basically said "please Achilles let me join you in prison" Achilles always felt bad when he made Patroclus upset. Those eyes did something to him.

"I'm sorry." Achilles never apologized, but Patroclus was the exception every single time.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry."

Patroclus shook his head and cupped Achilles face. "I'm sorry, but I won't let you go in by yourself."

"Pat..." Achilles actually felt bad.

"No, no I won't let you, and if you make it to where you take all the blame I'll kill myself. I swear it, I'll kill myself, and then all your work would have been for nothing.