Real Men

TD:sexual acts, internalize homophobia

It's the 70's

"Do you want another?" Achilles voice was smooth with early drunkenness.

"Not yet." Patroclus said gesturing towards his beer bottle.

The sun had already set, and the moonlight poured into Achilles' car making Patroclus right side of his face glow silver. Achilles had always noticed little things like this, things that made him even more compelled to touch Patroclus' face.

"Do I have something on my face?" Patroclus asked wiping at his face.

"No no I was just spacing out, sorry." Achilles said turning to look out at the beach they had parked at earlier.

"Briseis asked to kiss me the other day." Patroclus spoke low and hesitant.

Achilles didn't like Briseis ever since he met her, she got to do the exact thing he desired the most with no repercussions. He was jealous, jealous because Briseis was a girl and Patroclus liked girls , jealous because Briseis could ask that question and he couldn't , jealous because Briseis' love was normal and his was not, jealous because Patroclus was like a real man was supposed to be.

"Did you kiss her?" Achilles whispered before taking a swing at his bottle.

"No, it was fast, the way she asked; immediately after she said sorry and I told her maybe in the future." Patroclus said while lightning a cigarette.

"Are you going to?"

Patroclus shrugged "Ehhn I don't know, I don't think so. She's a nice girl n' all, but I like her better as my friend, you know."

Achilles nodded "Yeah, yeah I know."

Achilles felt a bit relieved, Patroclus was given the choice to kiss a pretty girl and he turned it down. That didn't mean he didn't like girls that didn't even mean he liked boys, but it meant that Patroclus was closer than he was yesterday.

"I'm going to clean the beach one day." Patroclus said exhaling a fog of smoke.

"When?"

"Soon." 

"You care too much." Achilles whispered looking out on to the beach.

"I think I care the perfect amount. In fact I think you don't care enough." Patroclus retorted

"Maybe, if so I'll help you. We can both come out and just clean the beach the whole day, just you and me, and later we can drink beers in the truck." Achilles responded opening up two other beers for both of them.

"Thanks." Patroclus responded to Achilles passing him another beer.

"Are you a virgin." Achilles asked Patroclus in craze of drunkenness he was lost in.

"Does it matter." Responded Patroclus

"No I was just askin'."

"Are you a virgin?" Patroclus asked

"Not in the way that doesn't matter, not really" Achilles said looking at Patroclus taking a swing of his beer.

"What's that mean? You've gotten sucked off?" Patroclus said shifting in his spot to be closer to Achilles.

"Yeah, but it wasn't all that good." Achilles laughed gruffly at the memory.

"Who was it?"

"What?"

"Who sucked you off." Patroclus voice sounded pinched.

"Oh it doesn't matter." Achilles waved off the question by lightning them both a cigarette.