Chapter Twenty Five

(I had this idea, very very randomly, but it was too good so I'm writing it.)

Aylah hummed quietly to herself, plucking out notes on her kopuz as her friends tried to teach her little brother how to play chess. Which, as you can guess, was not going very well. 

"No, Savci, that's not how that works-" Orhan sighed, seeing his efforts were pointless. Boran chuckled, "What'd you expect, Orhan? He's five." "Baba taught us how to play chess when we were 5," Orhan countered and Boran shook his head, "I'm not surprised." 

Orhan pushed the chessboard aside, "Let's do something else then, Can you teach us a song?" Aylah's father raised an eyebrow, seeming amused, "A song?" Melike nodded, "Yeah, Aylah can play it, and you can tell us the words." 

Aylah looked up, stilling her fingers over her instrument. Boran smiled, "What song do you want me to teach you?" "Can you teach us Baba's song?" Melike asked, and Boran grinned, "Here, Aylah, come here, I'll show you how to play it. And I'll teach you three the words."

Later that day, Boran walked alongside Osman Bey, "We'll eat together tonight, Boran, it's been a while." He informed him and Boran nodded, "I taught Aylah a song, she wants to play it tonight." Osman smiled, "What did you teach her?" "You'll see." 

"This is going to be hilarious," Orhan grinned as the four walked around before it was time to eat, Savci trailing close behind them. "Honestly, how does one get their own song before they even become Bey? That's what I want to know." Melike said and Kayi scoffed, "Why? Want your own song?" 

"Abla could do that!" Savci put in, trying to add on to the conversation and Aylah nodded sarcastically. "Oh yeah, totally. Melike is really a-annoying, doesn't know when to stop t-talking.

Melike groaned as Kayi and Orhan began to laugh. "Thank you, Aylah, I'm sure to cherish that forever," Melike rolled her eyes. Savci only seemed confused and Melike patted his head, "Sarcasm, Savci, Sarcasm." 

"Think you know the song?" Orhan asked, and Aylah nodded, "I can handle it. But, do you have faith in your singing skills, Orhan?" Aylah teased, and Orhan pretended to be offended, "Are you insulting my singing skills?"  

Aylah grinned, "Maybe, maybe not." "Well I'm not singing," Kayi declared making the four turn to him. "And why not, Kayi alp?" Melike questioned, crossing her arms and Savci did the same, "Yeah, why not, Abi?" 

"Because that's not my thing, I'm not singing," Kayi repeated, making Melike roll her eyes at him. "Kayi, do you think singing is our thing? Technically it's only Aylah's thing, but we're doing it anyway." Orhan nodded, "Come on, Kayi, just do it." 

"What do you think I should do, Savci alp?" Kayi asked instead, turning to the younger boy. "Say yes," Melike whispered and Aylah shushed her. "You should do it, Abi," Savci confirmed and Kayi sighed, "Fine then." 

"Aylah," Aylah turned around to see her parents walking toward them. Her father held his own Kopuz in one hand and gave Aylah her own. Aylah's had two names carved into the bottom of the instrument. The first was her father's that he had carved in when he first got it as a kid. The second was her own name, showing that it now belonged to her.

They all headed to the Marquee, where everyone else was already seated. Soon after the meal had begun, Osman Bey asked her to play the song. Aylah adjusted her hold on her instrument, setting her fingers on the right spots. Aylah glanced at her father who gave an encouraging nod, she took a deep breath and began to play. 

Osman chuckled upon hearing the tune, recognizing the song. The twins exchanged a glance and began to sing the words alongside Aylah.

Gi̇rdi̇ği̇nde yi̇rmi̇ yaşına (When he become 20 years old)

Muştu geldi̇ kutlu düşüne (Light came to him in a blessed dream)

Cümle zali̇mleri̇n başına (A hidden menance to all the tyrants)

Saklı bi̇r dert gi̇bi̇ Osman Bey (Like a real ruler, Osman Bey)

Melike elbowed Kayi quickly, "Sing it," She whispered and Kayi rolled his eyes, "Okay, okay, jeez." 

Harcı Edebalı'nın harcı (The mortar of Edebali)

Kahrolsun kafi̇rleri̇n burcu (Down with the signs of the heathens)

Ertuğrul Gazi̇'ni̇n övüncü (The pride of Ertugrul Gazi)

Farklı bi̇r yi̇ği̇tti̇r Osman Bey (A different kind of valiant, Osman Bey)

He hey (he hey)

Baş eğdi̇rdi̇ ni̇ce soylara (May he have a big lineage)

He hey

Gök aradı kızıl tuğlara (he hey) (The sky covered with the sign of Turks)

Vurdu pençeyi̇ zali̇mlere (He peirced the tyrants with his claws)

Kara bi̇r kurt gi̇bi̇ Osman Bey (Like a dark wolf, Osman Bey)

Vurdu pençeyi̇ zali̇mlere (He peirced the tyrants with his claws)

Kara bi̇r kurt gi̇bi̇ Osman Bey (Like a dark wolf, Osman Bey.)

Hey hey, he hey, he hey

Boz yeleli̇ doru atlarla (On brave horses with grey manes)

Güçlü zırh, zağlı pusatlarla (With strong armors and swords)

Tunç yürekli̇ yi̇ği̇t alplarla (With bronze-hearted, brave alps)

Yazdı bi̇r destan Osman Bey (He wrote a legend, Osman Bey)

Mazlumlar inlerken kahrından (As innocent cried out from pain)

Topraklar sarsıldı çağrından (He answered their call for help)

Çıktı bi̇r devlet ta bağrından (A state emerged from his heart)

Görklü bi̇r yurt gi̇bi̇ Osman Bey (Like the endless heavens, Osman Bey)

He hey (he hey)

Baş eğdi̇rdi̇ ni̇ce soylara (May he have a big lineage)

He hey

Gök aradı kızıl tuğlara (The sky covered in the sign of Turks)

Vurdu pençeyi̇ zali̇mlere (He peirced the tyrants with his claws)

Kara bi̇r kurt gi̇bi̇ Osman Bey (Like a dark wolf, Osman Bey)

Vurdu pençeyi̇ zali̇mlere (He peirced the tyrants with his claws)

Kara bi̇r kurt gi̇bi̇ Osman Bey (Like a dark wolf, Osman Bey)

"Hey, MashaAllah," Osman Bey praised as they finished the song and Aylah smiled. "I think you could be better than your father, Aylah," He joked, and Boran only smiled, shaking his head slightly, "Very funny, Bey." 

"Abla?" Savci tapped her arm, "Yeah?" "Good job." "Thanks, kardesh'm."

A/N: Why hello there, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I feel like the four would be an awesome band. I'm not even kidding, I'd imagine they'd sing a song like Could've Been Me by The Struts. What do you guys think they'd sing?

I also just found out I'm going to have to longest orchestra rehearsal ever in about two weeks. So school ends at 3:30 and the rehearsal will go on from then to 7:30. WHAT THE HECKY HECK THAT'S ALMOST 12 HOURS AT SCHOOL-

As much as I'm excited about Orchestra competitions, that's a long time- Okay I'm done ranting now

Salaam and Have a great day!

-Laraib