Chapter Twelve

"So, I'm not the only one going insane?" Kayi asks as they all sit behind two towering trees on the edge of the training field. "Nope, I saw that too," Orhan said, rubbing a hand over his eyes. "And I saw it in a dream and again just now," Aylah added. 

"Look," Melike said, "That man, he knew everything there is to know about us, but how did he know?" "A lot of people know about us, Melike, we're Osman Bey's children," Orhan argued, and Kayi shook his head. 

"They know about you and Melike, of course, and they know quite a bit about Aylah too. But, only a few people know the whole story about what happened to my mother. I mean the whole story and no one talks about that either." 

"So what're we going to do?" Orhan sighed as Aylah replied, "Nothing, this could be in our heads for all we know."  The four were silent for a moment, "I guess we just wait, see what happens." Melike concluded in defeat. 

Melike then stood up, "You know what, let's stop being so serious, I'm going to go find Savci or something." 

With that, she got up and walked away, Orhan merely shrugged, "She's right." The three of them got up and went to follow after Melike, but soon after the tribe's drums began to beat. 

"Come on, let's go," Orhan said quickly and they raced to the center of the tribe. There, a group of soldiers in navy blue uniforms trotted into the tribe behind a man in more elegant attire. "Well, it's about time," Orhan said sarcastically as they stood beside Melike and Savci off to the side. 

Aylah turned to him in confusion, "Men from Konya," Both Orhan and Melike responded in sync. (twin stuff)

 "Great timing too, right after the whole Mongol thing," Melike pointed out as Osman Bey stepped up in front of the guards, hands behind his back. 

"I wonder why they're here," Aylah pondered, observing the situation as the Emir got off his horse. 

"Welcome, Emir Hazretleri," Osman Bey greeted as the Emir walked towards him. "I don't know how he does that," Orhan whispered, studying his father's face, which revealed no trace of what he thought of the situation. "Honestly, me neither, it kind of freaks me out," Aylah whispered back. 

The emir followed Osman Bey and Gunduz Bey into the Marquee and the tribespeople dispersed, going back to their daily affairs. "I guess we'll find out, later." 

"Savci, what do you want to do?" Melike asked, tapping the little boy's shoulder, "Um," The boy thought for a moment, "Horsey?" "You want to go see the horsies?" Aylah asked her younger brother, to which the boy nodded enthusiastically.

"Yigit Abi is probably already at the stables, so let's just go there," Orhan suggested, "When is he not at the stables though? That's probably where he spends most of his free time." Kayi pointed out, and Orhan smiled, "He probably does."

"Yigit Abi is cool!" Savci argued, making Melike cross her arms, "Not cooler than me, right Savci?" 

Savci turned to look at her, looking conflicted as Melike raised an eyebrow at him. Orhan rolled his eyes at his identical sister, "Stop confusing him, he's like two, Kardesh'm. Plus, you're not as cool as you think." 

Aylah laughed, and Kayi whispered, "Oooh." Melike turned to her brother challengingly, "Want to test that theory, Kardesh'm?" Orhan crossed his arms, "And how are we going to do that?" 

Savci tugged on Aylah's sleeve, "Abla!" He whined, "I want to go see the horsies!" 

Aylah looked at the two siblings, still very much arguing as Kayi watched. "Orhan," She tried, but got no response, "Melike," again no response, "Guys?" 

Aylah groaned, "You know what? I'm just going to go. Kayi, want to come?" Kayi shrugged, "Sure," The now, three started again walking towards the stables, leaving the arguing twins behind. 

Only a minute or two later, they both came running to catch up, "Where are you guys going?" Orhan asked, slightly out of breath. Aylah raised her eyebrows at her best friend, "Orhan, I tried to get your attention, but you and Melike were busy arguing about something dumb." 

Orhan smiled sheepishly, "Sorry," And at the same time, Melike replied with, "I'm not." 

Kayi rolled his eyes, "Shut up, Melike," Melike only stuck her tongue out at him, a gesture he returned. "Fine, Let's just go before Savci murders us all for taking so long," Orhan joked. 

The group turned the broad wooden structure of the main stables. It wasn't the only stables in the tribe, of course, but it was the place where most of the alps' horses were. As expected, Yigit was there, brushing the mane of his gray horse.

"Selam Aleykum, Abi!" Aylah greeted cheerfully and Yigit turned around, smiling, "Aleykum Selam, Aylah, what brings you guys here?" Orhan gestured to Savci behind him, who was looking around happily, "Savci wanted to come here and we all have nothing better to do." 

Yigit nodded, chuckling, "Karayel is over there, he seems to be in a good mood today." The twins raced over to the jet-black stallion that accompanied their father on every battle and mission. The horse neighed in recognition as the two kids stood in front of him. 

Aylah looked around, her father's horse, of course, was not there as he was out of the tribe. Yigit was talking animately to her younger brother as he petted the charcoal gray mane of Yigit's horse. 

Then, Aylah saw Gunduz Bey walking towards them, and Yigit put his hand to his chest in greeting, as Gunduz Bey did the same. "A large group of merchants have arrived in Sogut, from all around the world. Osman Bey and I will go to meet them." 

Almost immediately, the kids began to ask the same question, "Can we come too? Please!" 

Gunduz pinched the bridge of his nose with a sigh, "I was getting to that part if you would let me finish." The four quieted down, looking at their uncle expectantly, "Yes, you four can come with us."

A/N: Gunduz be like what is my life-

My brain is dying, someone help

I ran into a certain person at a dinner thing last night, who let's just say I used to know, and that gave a load of anxiety. So yeah, that was fun (Note the sarcasm)

aNyWaY, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, even though its kinda boringgggg

Salaam and Have a great day!

-Laraib