Chapter Eleven

(A/N: I'm very sorry, but my brain is refusing to work properly and make a scene of how they got the tribe back.  Just imagine Osman doing Osman things, and I'll skip over to when they're back at the tribe. Again, I apologize. )

"Ana!" Aylah shouted as her father set her on the ground. She immediately ran over to her mother who bent down, hugging her close. Aylah breathed out against the soft folds of her mother's dress, she was finally home.

"Cok Sukur," Gonca whispered, kissing her daughter's head. "Abla! Abla!" A little voice whined and Aylah turned to her little brother who pouted. 

Savci's small arms wrapped around Aylah's legs, "Abla, I missed you!" He said sweetly, making Aylah ruffle his dark brown hair, "I missed you too, Savci." Melike and Orhan ran over to them, "Hey look, it's my bestest friend Savci!" Melike shouted enthusiastically, making the boy grin, Melike called him her "bestest" friend all the time. 

"Where did you go?" Savci inquired curiously, and Aylah quickly responded, "On an adventure, I'll tell you about it later, okay?" Savci nodded, his attention diverting to the patterns on his sister's clothing, "O-kay." 

"Looks like the fantastic four are back to cause more chaos," said Zehra jokingly as she walked over to the little group. She too had grown and was longer the little girl she came to the tribe as. "You should expect nothing less," Aylah said, giving the older girl a mock salute. 

A little while later, Aylah and Savci went to their tent with their parents, as they ate, Aylah talked about what had happened. "Aylah was brave, even punched the spy in the face," Boran said, pride in his voice. 

Aylah presumed they weren't supposed to talk about Aktemur, since he was, after all, a spy. Gonca raised an eyebrow at the girl, "You punched the spy?" "Well, he told me to!" Aylah repeated for seemed like the 50th time. 

"I sure do wonder who she got that from," Boran teased, turning to Gonca, who laughed. "Abla punched who?" Savci asked, scrunching his nose in confusion, "I didn't punch anybody." Aylah had said quickly and her baby brother easily agreed, going along with what she said.  

That was one of the things Aylah loved about her little brother, aside from how cute he was. Savci went along with whatever Aylah would say. To him, Aylah was always right, and even if he had no clue what was going on, he would still take his sister's side. 

Later that night, Aylah jolted awake. The dream repeated itself, but more vivid. When she woke up, one thing still stuck in her mind, a shadowy figure. Aylah didn't know what or who it was, but it scared her. It was unperceivable to her eyes, just a shadow.

Aylah crossed her arms over her knee, setting her head down, seeking safety in the darkness of the position. 

Then, she felt a gentle touch on her back, "Aylah? What's wrong?" It was her father's voice, Aylah assumed he had to go on a mission considering it was still very early in the morning. As expected, when Aylah peeked up, his father was fully dressed for the day. 

"I'm scared," said Aylah, voice muffled by her arms. "That's okay, it's okay to be scared." Her father said quietly, "Can you tell me what you're scared of?" 

Aylah shook her head, "I don't know, Baba." Aylah lifted her head a little as her father replied, "That's okay, sometimes we don't know what we're afraid of." 

Aylah looked around the tent, Savci was still asleep, thumb in his mouth as always. Her mother was also asleep, her father followed her gaze and smiled slightly. "I let her sleep, I figured I'm capable of getting ready myself." Then, Boran raised his arm, showing her the uneven loops on his wrist cuffs, only about half of them were done. "Except this, I'm still terrible at it." 

Aylah laughed silently, making Boran narrow his eyes at her, "Are you laughing at me? That's not very nice, Aylah." 

Aylah grinned, "Look, Baba, it's not that hard," Aylah reached over, taking the strings of the leather cuff, and easily tied them into an even knot. Boran looked impressed, "Good to know I'm the only one that sucks at this. Do me a favor and never tell your mother about this because she will make fun of me without mercy. Deal?"

Aylah giggled and nodded, "Deal."  

"Good, now I have to go." Boran leaned over, kissing the top of Aylah's head, "And maybe try to get some more sleep it's still very early." "But, you're awake," Aylah countered and Boran shrugged, "It comes with the job... and you're a 7-year-old child who runs around all day." 

"But-" "Not up for debate, Aylah, go to sleep." Aylah pouted, crossing her arms, making Boran smirk, "Not working, nice try though."

Boran got up, grabbing his sword, dagger, and bow from the stand. He gave Aylah a little salute which she returned before he left the tent. 

Aylah did end up getting a little more sleep and later that morning she walked around with her friends. A shadowy figure appeared right before them, making the four kids stop in their tracks. "Please tell me you guys saw that too," Kayi said quietly, and the other three nodded slowly. 

"Training field, now, we need to talk about this." 

A/N: Hey guys, what's up? Boran and Aylah fluff is just *chef's kiss* and Savci is just the most adorable child.

What do you think is going on with the gang? 

Also, if you've been reading my message board, you know about the prank war with my orchestra teacher. And I currently have a week off of school, so I need to plan my next attack. Any ideas?

Salaam and Have a great day!

-Laraib