Break

TW: swearing, hitting, talk about death.

Get out your tissues and emotional support plushies. Almost cried while writing this.

I am so sorry for this one.

Heather was terrified. If what Griselda said was true, then if she actually did this, Frida might hurt her.

The worst part was that Heather felt like she did need a break from Frida after what she realized. She needed to collect herself and sort out her thoughts and feelings. But she also wanted to do that with Frida.

"Get out!"

Heather sprung up from her bed and ran down the stairs as she heard her brother shout.

"I don't care that my sister called you! You are dangerous and don't deserve to be with her! She deserves someone way better than a fucker like you!"

"Dagur!" Heather shouted as she looked at how Frida was near tears at the harsh words.

Dagur looked at her with a hard expression on his face.

"She is not allowed in my house!" He shouted and jutted a finger in Frida's chest. She flinched and placed a hand on the place where he had jutted his finger.

"It will just be for a few minutes," Heather said stepped in front of him, and took Frida's hand.

"An hour max!" Dagur said and walked into the kitchen, probably to be close to the knives.

"Why did you want to talk?" Frida asked with the sweetest smile on her face and Heather's heart shattered.

"Let's go up to my room," Heather said and gently dragged her away and up to her room. Heather opened her door and walked in.

"What did you want to talk about?" Frida asked as she leaned on the door as she closed it.

"I... I," Heather tried but her throat closed and she tried her best to not burst out in tears.

"Is there something you are struggling with? I promise I'll try my best to help. Just please don't pull away from people. It's better to be with someone when you are going through something, " Frida said and came over and sat down at her side.

Heather looked away and clenched her fists so hard she was sure she was drawing blood.

"Hey, careful," Frida said and took her hands and carefully kissed her knuckles. "Don't hurt yourself. Tell me what's happening."

Heather looked Frida in the eyes and saw nothing but love and concern. Heather really didn't want to do this.

"I-I h-have..."

"Take a deep breath, and then you talk," Frida interrupted and kissed her forehead tenderly.

Heather burst into tears and fell into her chest.

"Wow, hey. Relax heart," Frida said and hugged her tight.

Heather pushed her away and turned her back to her.

"Don't make this so damn difficult!" Heather shouted and pulled at her hair.

"Heather, love, please talk to me," Frida said and placed a hand on her shoulder which Heather slapped away.

"Please, just don't," Heather said and turned around to see Frida look at her with wide eyes and holding her hand. Heather knew it didn't hurt physically but knew how much it hurt her mentally. "I-I... I need a break. From this relationship. A small one. It isn't a breakup, just a break. I just have something I am going through and need some time alone."