Bridge

TW: talk about suicide, one of my characters wanting to commit suicide.

Same as the last chapter, just Heather's POV. You don't necessarily have to read it, it will be very repetitive, but it would mean a lot of you did read it.

Heather POV:

It took some time for Heather to fall asleep without Frida wrapping her arms around her. It was just cold laying there without Frida's strong arms around her.

She wanted to ask what was wrong, but it didn't look like Frida was in the mood to talk.

So Heather decided to just sleep and talk to her in the morning. The problem was that she wasn't able to sleep until the morning.

Heather felt like she had just closed her eyes when her phone started to ring.

She took it lazily and answered whoever it was.

"Hello?" She said groggily.

"Hi, Heather?" Blaze's voice said on the other side.

"Yeah. What do you want this late?"

"Is Frida there?" He sounded distressed.

Heather furrowed her brow and reached an arm out to feel Frida's side of the bed. Panic set in when she didn't feel her.

"No."

"Shit. Ok, so, do you know the bridge near your house?" Blaze asked.

Heather froze in fear.

"Yes," she said and got out of bed and began to get dressed.

"She is there. She has trouble with suicidal thoughts, she just texted me that she was there. I am in no way going to get to her on time. But do me a favor and keep your door unlocked. I'll drive to your house and I can help you. Just please hurry and get her away from there."

Heather had never heard Blaze this worried before.

"I'll get there, don't worry," Heather said and pulled on her hoodie.

Blaze hung up and Heather sprinted down the stairs. She quickly put on a pair of jogging shoes and ran as fast as she could out her door and towards the bridge.

Her heart was racing. If Frida did this to herself... Heather had no idea what she was going to do. She... Loved her. And she would not let her do this.

Heather stopped at a small coffee shop to get something for Frida to drink before she continued running until she reached the bridge.

As she stepped onto the bridge she could see Frida. She was grabbing the railing tightly and Heather could see someone sticking their phone out of the window while shouting at her to jump.

"Can't you guys go do something better with your lives?!" Heather shouted. She didn't understand why they were encouraging her.

"Party pooper."

"What is so exciting about someone wanting to end their life?!"

"Do you have any idea of how viral this will go if they jump?"

"I am finding it hard to give a fuck if it goes viral or not! They are trying to end their life, so you should help them not encourage them!"

The car drove away with one of the ones in it gave Heather the middle finger.

Heather shook her head and walked over to Frida, making sure there was a little distance between them but not too much.

"Blaze told me about it," she said and handed Frida the coffee cup. "It is hot chocolate. I know you don't like coffee."