"Do you ever think about jumping?"

TW: suicide, (wasn't sure how to tag it, just know it gets dark.)

No, no one is going to die... Maybe. I'll keep you guys on your toes.

Frida POV:

They both lay in the bed.

Frida knew Heather was still awake and wouldn't budge until she said something. But Frida wasn't in the mood to speak. The only thing on her mind was Astrid.

Astrid didn't seem like a bad person. Heather thought of her as a friend so Frida wanted to be on her good side. But Astrid was also incredibly attractive and knew Heather better than Frida. And that hug they shared before she left, how Astrid looked at her while hugging Heather. It made Frida uneasy. It didn't help at all that she had a lot of other things on her mind at the moment. The guilt she constantly felt around her... Girlfriend. The desire to be as good of a girlfriend as possible. Wanting her friends to like her. Her father pressuring her into all kinds of things. The "anniversary" of her mother and late girlfriend's death just the next day. Not seeing Shadow for almost a week and being worried sick about how he was doing. Worried about Heather's brother and how he was doing. And even if she hated her father with every fiber in her body, she was worried for him too.

It was all too much.

Frida turned so her back faced Heather and pretended to be asleep. After what felt like hours, she finally heard Heather's soft snores that indicated that the girl was asleep.

She carefully got out of the bed and put on her cyber leg.

Flashes of that horrid day flooded her mind.

Screams.

Blood.

Fire.

Explosions.

Gunfire.

Frida pushed all of these thoughts to the back of her head, hoping they would stay there.

Frida finally put on a pair of sweatpants and her hoodie. She looked back at Heather.

That woman was beautiful even when she slept. Frida had looked at her countless times in the early hours of the day and it never got boring. The way her mouth was slightly open, her hand under her head, hair in her face. She was beautiful.

Frida brushed some hair out of her face and behind her ear, causing the raven-haired girl to stir a little.

Frida panicked, thinking she had awoken her, but she quickly went back to sleep, a tiny smile plastered across her lips. Frida should have remembered what a deep sleeper she was.

Frida placed a small kiss on Heather's forehead and whispered in her ear: "I'll see you soon."

After reassuring herself that Heather was asleep, Frida walked downstairs and out into the freezing night.

The snow crunched under her feet as she walked. She hadn't bothered to bring her crutch as she didn't deem it as necessary.

Her phone was in her pocket and her fingers itched to write to Blaze, but she stopped herself. For now.

As Frida continued to walk, she began to study her surrounding. The snow lay on top of the houses beautifully, making the houses seem like they were wrapped in fluffy, white blankets.

The light posts were lit, making them look like tiny suns hanging in the sky.

A few houses were already decorated for the Christmas season.